User is unauthorized to create an Image asset as User 34103193. (Not my UserId)

When trying to upload an image to my group game I get the error:

PublishService AssetUpload failed. Info: single part asset create call failed HTTP StatusCode: 403, Message: {
  "code": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
  "message": "User is unauthorized to create an Image asset as User 34103193. "

My UserId is not 34103193 and I’m logged in as StonksMcHat in studio.

It says the same wether I try upload using an imagebutton or a decal.
Started happening today.

EDIT: Uploading using AssetManager worked.

31 Likes

Exact same thing here!

8 Likes

FYI, the number after “User” is the ID of the Group. 34103193 is the ID for ONETAP Community. I’m not sure why it says User, though. Maybe it’s meant to refer to the Creator that you are acting as by publishing an asset?

11 Likes

Same thing, I think Roblox did something with images.

8 Likes

Having the same issue right now! Not sure if this is happening to everyone

8 Likes

roblox please sort this i dont know what you changed to make it so uploading to a group will try to upload it to the account of the groups id but it needs fixing

8 Likes

You should tag this as robloxcritical probably.

6 Likes

Materialvarient Uploading in Roblox studio leads to;
Error uploading asset, response code 500 (too many man…)

Manual properties upload leads to no permission in Roblox studio;
PublishService AssetUpload failed. Info: single part asset create call failed HTTP StatusCode: 403, Message: {“code”: “PERMISSION_DENIED”,

I noticed this issue as just an error loading 2 weeks ago or even more.

4 Likes

This tag is no longer used in bug reports and does not triage the report any further, so there is no use. I assume this’ll be fixed on Monday.

9 Likes

I had the same issue, just upload your images to the website and copy the asset id in. Studio is bugged rn

5 Likes

Same here.
Apparently I have not been online for 13 years as user 16143817…

With this, and Roblox being completely down 2 days ago, it is a little frightening.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know bro

7 Likes

I can’t even upload to the website. I get the same output error. But it just says “asset creation failed” on the website lol.

4 Likes

Yea im having the same exact issue, weird because it was working fine about an hour ago

4 Likes

Same here, even in the website it does the same.

4 Likes

Trying to update for this week and it’s not letting me upload any textures (Specifically for surface appearance in my case)

4 Likes

[EASY FIX]: Use asset manager to upload images.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m experiencing this too, I hate having to bounce to the website to upload my GUI. ;-;

6 Likes

Roblox is down right now and it has been down for the past few hours. It should be fixed soon

5 Likes
6 Likes