Users Being Disconnected From Game - "Error Code: 273"

Another report in Island Royale image

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic

Issues regarding other error codes should be filed in separate threads.

1 Like

Just happened to me in the game Notoriety right after I teleported out of the lobby twice in a row.

1 Like

Happened again in another game called Adventure Story just now.

1 Like

Received reports of this issue in Notoriety recently

Discord_2019-02-18_23-23-40
Discord_2019-02-18_23-28-44
Discord_2019-02-18_23-29-17

Discord_2019-02-18_23-51-08

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When players are playing my game, players will (randomly?) get a 273 disconnect error. It has drained my player count to double digits so I believe this bug is hitting everyone who plays my game. I’m not sure if this is impacting other games

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This bug is happening to just about all of my players, although I have not experienced it myself.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

This bug happens on my game on the main roblox website
It happens to all places in this game:

Again, I’m not aware if this is game-specific.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

This one happened in the start place while teleporting:

This one happened in a place in the game, not the start place:

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

This started happening a few hours ago from the time this post was made

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

My game uses teleportation extensively

3 Likes

Thank you guys for detailed report and we are actively looking into this. We will post the update here once we make progress. Thanks~

5 Likes

I’m getting the same error, Error Code: 277, in alpha testing of my new game. I don’t get an error code but even offline I’m liable to get this error in the server that causes studio to crash. I have a hunch its the PathfindingService, as my main game is not getting any reports of this issue and is stable and does not use PathfindingService. Haven’t been able to track down any patterns.

Do those of you experiencing the same crashing use the PathfindingService?

1 Like

This thread is mainly discussing Error Code: 273

1 Like

Figured I’d ask here, given I have no other info but my paragraph there. Both are disconnection issues, with minimal data over it apparently.

2 Likes

Alkan - I recommend you to start a new thread if the issue you are outlining is pervasive.

JustSeanC - are you still hearing reports of this issue?

1 Like

Haven’t heard any in a good minute. I also haven’t been asking. I’ll put some feelers and see if anyone is still experiencing this.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing this consistently since 3:00 or 4:00 PM EST on Friday. I get the error about 90% of the time, so it takes a dozen or so attempts to join a game successfully. When I finally do get in, I’ll crash within 10 seconds about 75% of the time. (The very first attempt after turning my PC doesn’t give an error, but it does crash)

It normally takes dozens of attempts to successfully join a game without the error or crashes.
Exiting the game sometimes leaves a process, sometimes still playing audio from the game, which I have to end manually in task manager, but the end result is the same whether I do or don’t end the process each time.

-PC
-Windows 7
-Firefox, but also happens with Chrome

EDIT: Fixed as of the 7th

3 Likes

This issue happens to me every time I play my new game. It occurs within 5-10 minutes of me joining the game every time. In total it has happened about 6-8 times in the past 2 days (100% of the time). I believe I first noticed this happening about 2-3 days ago, I apologize I don’t remember the exact date.

Here is a link to the game:

While this happens to me every time it does not happen to everybody else. Some other players have been disconnected and received this error in my game and others have not. Before this started happening on this game I had never seen this error before.

I use Windows 10 and Google Chrome.

UPDATE on 3/13/19:
For the past 1-2 days this issue has NOT occurred for me and it appears to have been resolved (at least for me). I will keep this updated if this changes.

UPDATE on 3/14/19:
This just occurred again for me after being in the server for about 20 minutes. The issue is NOT resolved.

2 Likes

Getting a few more

I’ll only post from one person since they are all the same but i’ve gotten reports of at least 4 more 273 errors but with different text.
38474d0af883b48be1b67821e0a4afd3

2 Likes

This just happened to me again a moment ago. It occurred on the same game as I reported earlier. I had not experienced this error for several days until a moment ago.

1 Like

I’ve not experienced this bug whatsoever and I play Roblox almost daily…

1 Like

Got 2 more today

1 Like

Hi everyone, thanks for your report. We have this historical issue for a while that our servers are sometime confused with your presence. As our server will keep your presence for several more seconds after your absence in order for it to correctly recognize whether you are still present. So for the following cases it might triggers the error that your presence is duplicated in our system:

1. Join another game immediately after you left the previous game
  2. Frequent teleport ( the game you are joining might use teleport to implement some advanced functions)
1 Like

Is there any way to rectify this and possibly limit it’s occurrence in the future?

1 Like