UseStrafingAnimations not working

Whenever I enable UseStrafingAnimations it works unless I publish or re-open the place in studio, then it’s always off. I’ve tried writing a script that turns it on when a server starts but then I got a error in the console saying “UseStrafingAnimations is not a valid member of Players “Players””. Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong?

4 Likes

Is this happening in studio?
30c

1 Like

This happens both in studio and the player.

This could be because the feature is in beta.

1 Like

This feature has already left beta tho. It doesn’t even appear in the beta tab anymore.

I’m having this issue as well. Every time I re-open Studio after saving with Players.UseStrafingAnimations set to true, it defaults back to false without saving the changes.

This issue also seems to apply after publishing to Roblox - I set UseStrafingAnimations to true, published, but after launching my experience through the site, the player did not use the animations as if I never set it.

This is most likely an engine or studio bug… Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!
Are you still seeing this issue?
Our local tests indicate that place files published with the Players.UseStrafingAnimations set still have it after reload.

2 Likes

I can replicate this issue and still have it in all my places.

Interesting.
What flow do you go through to create a new experience, publish it, and then check the condition of the property?

Hey, I’m not sure if this is a Roblox glitch or just me being silly, but strafing animations don’t work in public servers for me, only in studio test.

When I publish it’s still no-strafing.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!
There is a a bug with the “stickiness” of the UseStrafingAnimations property on Players.
When you bring a published place back into studio and TeamCreate is active, the property can reset to Off.
We are actively researching a fix.
When you republished are you sure the Property was still enabled? You may have to reenable it.

This bug also applies to the videoFrame.Looped property but unlike UseStrafingAnimations we can enable it using scripts. Here’s my experience creation flow: Go to the “New” tab in Studio > Open the “Baseplate” “Template” > Go to “Players” > Enable “UseStrafingAnimations” > Click on “File” > Pick “Publish to Roblox” > Press “Create”. The property will be disabled even if you toggle it back and re-open or play the game.

Thankyou, we are investigating.

1 Like

I would like to report that I am also running into this issue with ClientAnimatorThrottling and Retargeting :pensive:

Looks like this did not solve my issue, lol

Why not? It’s works on my game. Maybe I explained it badly.
Look, you need set UseStrafingAnimations to true, then you copy script in you character, paste it on the startercharacterscripts. Now you can set UseStrafingAnimations to false, i forget to say it or it will not work, sorry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.