Using Find All has a chance to freeze studio, resulting in a crash

Bump! Also have been experiencing this recently.

1 Like

I have been experiencing this issue for 2+ weeks already, it would be nice to have this fixed.

1 Like

Experienced this casually in some of my studio time within last ~2 weeks.

Have also been experiencing this at least a dozen times per day for a few weeks now. Not very reproduceable but consistent enough to severely affect workflow.

Hi,

We are working a project to solve a class of issues that hang or crash Studio. As a of this project, we should have a much more stable Studio by the end of the year and hopefully even sooner.

The Find All issue is part of this. In the next few weeks we’ll have improved detection for this set of problems as well, however in the meantime we would appreciate any repro steps, Studio logs or place files (in DM) to better understand what kind of places might cause this.

1 Like

Any indications that this bug is place-specific? This bug still occurs for me and significantly impedes my workflow.

It seems like multiple places are impacted. We’ve received more reports of this since, in different threads on the form. I’ll see if we can escalate this specific issue, given there seems to be a clear, easy to reproduce pattern here.

2 Likes

Had made one a few days ago, still occurs for me, if you need any more logs happy to provide!

1 Like

This bug is incredibly annoying, and it seems certain keywords triggers it in certain places. For example, searching “Sprint” causes the studio to completely freeze for our game. It happens for both me and my co-developer and reproduces 100% of the time.

1 Like

Just want to bump this thread, because it’s been happening to me a lot and it’s really frustrating.

Same trigger (or an indicator): select a text and open Find All using a shortcut. It’s one of my main ways to navigate around code, so on a busy day I have to force quit Studio 10+ times.

For me it started around the time the new interface docking system was rolled out. Only happens on my main PC (two monitors), laptop is seemingly fine, tho I use it much less.

1 Like

this still happens constantly, considering how often i use find all to remove certain lines, or find center parts of scripts to edit, ruins my workflow as i have to kill studio, and wait for game to reload

Just happened to me for the first time

still happening, but doesn’t seem to happen if I open find all first then type something in it… at least that’s a workaround for now.

Still a problem, it’s really annoying.

Please fix this, its really annoying

This is still happening. Please fix it.

Still happening to me, too. How is this not fixed yet? I’d imagine this is a pretty important thing to fix

This continues to be an absolute plague of an issue, searching for things like Sit() causing the entire studio to lock up. At RDC it was mentioned how studio crashing is at an all-time low, and I would agree if not for this bug continuing to exist unpatched. I don’t think I’ve experienced any other major issues besides this one, which pops up practically every day. Please fix it

We have feature changes coming to revise the current find/replace and quick find functionality, and this will be addressed with those changes. Thanks again!

1 Like

This is occurring almost every time I use the feature, have these changes been rolled out? Not sure if it’s related, but I’m using the new beta ui…