Using Find All has a chance to freeze studio, resulting in a crash

Upon using Find All, there is a chance that it will return nothing. When this happens, it is too late. Studio appears to function fine, however no matter what you enter into Find All at that point, nothing will ever return. Switching to the 3D view from a script will cause the center window to freeze and continuously display whatever was last displayed on screen and eventually enter Window’s “Not Responding” state. If no tab is switched, upon attempting to publish or save the game, studio will again enter the “Not Responding” state as if waiting for an intensive task to finish requiring you to close studio and lose all unsaved progress.

Things worth noting:

• This is a relatively common issue that I experience e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s multiple times a day.
  • The game I experience this in has a good amount of scripts.
  • This is not the same as searching for a common phrase and receiving a million results as the search never begins in the first place.
  • What you search for, be it common or only two instances, makes no difference.
  • This issue is not caused by a slow computer.
  • I mainly experience this issue when opening Find All while text is selected within a script.
2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Agreed. This has been going on for months. I can use search all once or twice before design studio becomes unresponsive. Sometimes this is preceded by “Script Editor’s read-only due to an unstable connection. It’ll be editable again once stable”. If I don’t use search all, I can work for days with no problem. Thanks for looking into this.

1 Like

This is definitely problematic. I deal with this every 30minutes it seems.

1 Like

This issue is becoming more problematic as for the first time it has caused other applications in the background to crash somehow. Coincidentally, I have had this issue happen over 4 times today.

This is still happening 50% of the time. It really slows down development. Any update?