UV Mapping issue on shirts for R6 blocky bundle (Specifically the left shoulder part of the shirt)

So as you can see on the right side of this first picture that was uploaded, specifically the shoulder part, when shirts are uploaded to roblox it seems to have a UV mapping problem where that part of the shirt is a bit off meaning it looks like the right shoulder part of the shirt uv mapping is misaligned. This is bug is more visible when its horizontally stripped clothing’s thats are being uploaded because the strips are flowing from one part to another over a space.

devforum2

NB: I use the r6 package. You can see exactly how my character is set up at https://www.roblox.com/users/342699391/profile

When did this start happening
Well to be honest I started my clothing group about 2 months ago and ever since I’ve started that I’ve noticed this bug but I usually thought that it was a fault on my side but after a flew checks I’ve notice that other persons that I don’t even know have the same problem on their shirts eg.

devforum4

Steps to reproduce the issue
Simply make a shirt and add stripes to the shoulder section of the shirt and upload it to roblox and then you will see that the you will have the same problem of the left shoulder part not uploading properly as seen in the picture below.

devforum5

You may ask, how am I sure it wasn’t a fault on my side? Well I’ve used my measurements properly through the app (Paint.net) to create my clothings and everytime I make stripped clothing especially horizontally stripped clothings that flow from one part to another its the same result.

9 Likes

Happened multiple times to me aswell, is really weird.

2 Likes

Happening for me too. This makes armor building based on clothing especially difficult near the edges of body parts with R6.

2 Likes

Yes, hopefully it will be fixed in due time because this is putting in dent in operations for me because with this UV mapping issue making shirts isn’t good because of the quality.

There’s another unrelated UV mapping issue on the R15 Robloxian 2.0 torso which makes shirts/pants look quite strange as opposed to the R6 version of the Package.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

1 Like

Sorry about the late reply but I just checked a few minutes ago and the issue seems like its still not resolved as yet. Proof: dev1.PNG @Hippie_ofDoom

1 Like

Will this ever be fixed sorry for the ping @Hippie_ofDoom. Its just annoying and for some games breaks immersion

Roblox has a code freeze over Christmas break, where no code is shipped into production. Asking them won’t really do much either - they have an internal ticket system that manages what bugs need to be fixed.

I don’t think christmas break is what is preventiing them from fixing this UV mapping issue because this issue was reported like a year and a half ago and to this day the issue is there plus I haven’t received any updates from @Hippie_ofDoom.

It doesn’t matter when it was reported - I’ve seen dozens of cases where staff follow-up on bugs reported several years ago. The most that Hippie_ofDoom could do is update the priority of the bug - but there’s likely hundreds of other similar bugs in their ticket system already, you just need to be patient.

Sadly this is still happening. I don’t want to have to move my stuff over a couple of pixels just for a temporary fix. I thought I was doing something wrong at first.

2 Likes

surely this would take literally 1 minute to fix, right? but this is a problem for 1.0 characters in R6, literally the one thing roblox hates most, so it probably wont be fixed because it might just possibly convince at least 1 person to stop using R6 or 1.0 characters.

1 Like

Yup, so would a lot of other things on this platform.