Vanilla 3 - The pragmatic icon set for Roblox Studio

FaceControls is a very new addition (in fact - I don’t think it’s even announced yet) so please allow some time for these icons to be designed.

In addition, I’m almost done with an icon format upgrade which will be rolled out soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very nice! I will add to the list an old feature: ProximtyPrompts.

1 Like

I bet what you did is set. The script explorer png files to the vanilla files it’s clever but easy and hard

For people who want to know what I mean is that :

He took the ClassImages.png and renamed it

Pasted it in place of the png file roblox uses for tabs

Simple but clever (probably gonna, you know tell you guys how it’s done tomorrow morning lol)

she/them pronouns pls

Not necessarily, there’s a load of uncompressed images files inside Studio’s EXE. Clone’s client tracker github repo actually extracts these under the folder /QtResources.

The Script Editor icons are stored inside the exe with the names local_script, module_script and server_script respectively tied to what you’d expect.

Cc: @Maximum_ADHD, how do you actually extract tree information from the exe such as file names and folders

how do you put in your studio im confused isn’t this a plugin

one google search told me that something called “resource hacker” is used and i am out of mind of it but you can edit tree information and stuff with it and now i understand what you did :

you opened the exe file using resource hacker or smthn
you replaced the local ,scrpt and module images
and you saved
and complete

Update: been working on designing the missing icons, in addition to larger reworks of the icon set:

7 Likes

Can you give me separate image files of module, local and server script? I might be onto something

Can you give me the separate image file for module, local and server script? I want to do something with it :grin:

PS : the reason I sent to 2 persons is because I need to find out which one looks better in script explorer

It’s not trivial, but it has a lot of potential flexibility on the plus side since QResource supports compression. I use an implementation by axstin on GitHub with a LuaJIT runtime in my client tracker. It effectively does a brute force search against the executable for a pattern used by the QResource type.

I might port it over to C# eventually.

4 Likes

I mean you COULD just cut it in some picture editing software, but here you go anyways

script
locascript
modulescript

laughs in MS Picture Manager

1 Like

wouldn’t something like resource hacker be more flexible?

EDIT : after trying it myself resource hacker wouldn’t show me qtresources

Can you tell me how you edited the files inside the exe? Resource hacker shows me icons

I wish we could make it so every studio update these are still there, but nooooooo. Studio refreshes it every time.

How did you see the files inside the executable? Please tell me I need to know

Did you use something called “PE explorer”

@metatablecatmaid

By any chance did you use UniExtract2?
Please tell me I need to know how you edited the files that is in the exec

Did you convert into a msi? Using command prompt?

Did you use another app?

Please tell

You should make UI ‘Modifiers’ have different icons each with a different representation inside of the icon frame, (eg. this inside of the icon for uigradients) immagine

1 Like

Roblox doesn’t give UI modifiers unique icon IDs so this is impossible to provide without performing extra modification work on the user’s end.

1 Like

Can you help? I can’t find my versions content or textures folder on mac.

1 Like