Vanilla 3 - The pragmatic icon set for Roblox Studio

Follow this tutorial, just with Vanilla instead of the roblox icons:

8 Likes

Youā€™ve done one heck of a great job. Roblox needs to contact you and replace all of their icons with yours. :happy2:

3 Likes

So, how would I download Roblox Studio Mod Manager?

The ā€œHow to Installā€ button on the installation page for the Vanilla Icons has a link to the GitHub page for CloneTrooper1019ā€™s Roblox Studio Mod Manager.

Iā€™m glad that this is an option since it makes it so much more convenient to maintain the icons without having to manually add it to the files whenever Roblox Studio needs to update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but how to install Mod Manager. Like it takes me to the GitHub page, but I donā€™t know how to install.

Wait, nevermind. Its in the readme.md.

Awwwww shucks! Iā€™m on mac, so I canā€™t install the application!

1 Like

Love it! Looks cool already! Iā€™m already looking forwards to it!

1 Like

This is so nice! Thank you so much for creating this! I didnā€™t even know you could change the icons.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for making these icons. They are really amazing. I wish roblox would use these as studioā€™s default icons.
Would be nice if every icon had itā€™s unique name (example: instead of ā€œexplorer-icon-71ā€ ā€œserverscriptservice-iconā€). Because I had to tediously go through each icon and check if it was the one I wanted. But still, I found them and they fit wonderfully inside of vscode.
Thanks again for making these open-source!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

The icons are numbered that way since thatā€™s the naming scheme used by Roblox Studio Mod Manager, which means they can be installed instantly. I could perhaps add some way of finding out the number of a specific icon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Trying to work on a tray app for updating this but canā€™t seem to find out how you actually generate your icons :frowning:

4 Likes

I followed all the steps doing it automatically, however it doesnā€™t seem to work.

I downloaded Mod Manager, opened up the correct folders, and I pasted everything in the ā€˜ModManagerIconsā€™ folder that came with my download. I opened up Roblox Studio and the icons are still the same.

Am I doing anything incorrectly?

3 Likes

Eh, mod manager isnā€™t really your best bet tbh.

1 Like

i have been trying this for hoursā€¦

I still donā€™t have direct Instructions how to get png versions only giving me ZIP files and i dont want to customize my own set.

how do i set this up???

2 Likes

Are you opening Studio through Mod Manager? It applies your mods to a separate install that it manages, so it wonā€™t be visible on your normal Roblox Studio :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The PNGs are in the zip file :grinning:

4 Likes

The icon files are auto-generated on the website - currently you have to download them from there.

3 Likes

Oh cool! It works now. Do I have to open it up through Mod Manager everytime I want to access studio?

2 Likes

Been using this for a while. Looks amazing and makes working on small DPI displays much easier in many situations, especially since Studio often doesnā€™t scale properly.

2 Likes

Yup - one trick that apparently worked for someone else was to pin the modded Studio to the task bar after running it through Mod Manager, but not sure if that works or if it breaks something.

2 Likes

Woah! Iā€™m in shockā€¦this is simply mind boggling! Iā€™m currently not at my PC but in my mind, the first thing Iā€™m doing tomorrow is installing this.

I wish Roblox took some of these amazing creations from developers and used themā€¦the other day I saw someone create a whole new red and white themed roblox website and only if roblox could use such stunning creationsā€¦

1 Like