Vanilla 3 - The pragmatic icon set for Roblox Studio

Did some exploring around with the Roblox mod manager and found out that the icons are scattered under the folders in: %LocalAppData%\Roblox Studio\content\textures

I was able to change the toolbox icon with an random PNG without problems

All I did was to replace the toolbox icon in %LocalAppData%\Roblox Studio\content\textures\StudioToolbox

The change happend after I opened an place in studio so I assume this could be done with an mod for the mod manager

The easiest way to find where each Icon is located is to search the icon names you get from RobloxStudioRibbon.xml in the texture folder.

EDIT: The icons are not removed until roblox studio is updated

3 Likes

I put the classimages in the correct place reopened studio and nothing changed? I’m using mono icons btw with graphite. Nvm i had the wrong version. They look very nice!

1 Like

I belive they are moddable - Please, I need these, Studio ui is actually killing me!

This looks amazing! Thanks, ellttob.

4 Likes

@Elttob I have found a way to change the toolbox icon

I’m sure I can do the rest but it would be really tedious.

I’m currently trying to create a JS to automatically import in bulk

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 2.54.42 pm

3 Likes

You can’t do all of the icons - you’ll only be able to modify some of the icons (mostly from parts of Studio which have been implemented in Lua), however other icons (e.g. cut/copy/paste) can’t be edited currently.

These aren’t real paths - instead of pointing to a physical file on your system, it points to a resource baked into the executable (as far as I know, could be wrong:)

1 Like

i cant open the zip file??
what’s going on?

You have to decompile (Extract all) and you can use the program.

1 Like

All I got to say about this is: good job.
This will for sure make loads of game designers and developers lives much nicer using ROBLOX studio.

1 Like

@Elttob Heads up, looks like Roblox added a new undocumented constraint called “UniversalConstraint” along with a new icon for it.

3 Likes

This is great! Looks a lot better than the defaults!

1 Like

I am 4 parallel universes ahead of you :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Oh wow, you actually made one already, nice.

2 Likes

Hello you know that on my post i managed to point them to real file paths on your filesystem

So sad I can’t use this on a MacBook. :pensive:

Bug report:

ProximityPrompts icons dont work. The reason being is that Roblox changed the icon to an icon that is not in Vanilla rn:

Also @AltCJBoy410 , its possible to use on mac, but as far as I know, you need to do it manually:
You just need to go to roblox > content > textures then make sure you replace ClassImages with Vanilla icons.

3 Likes

Oh! Well, thank you!

I thought I had to wait until there was a ModManager for MacBook.

You can, look:

I’m working on the new icons as we speak :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Made some custom styles of it (because i have some free time lol)

If you want one, simply right cilck it and download it, then rename it to ClassImages and then, do this:

imagen

Edit: Made a new one just now! (it fits with default blue studio icons)

Its pretty simple to make a custom style:

1. Download this picture:

1. Create a new picture with Photoscape X (or whatever image manipulation software you use, but preferably use Photoscape X, because it is easier to make gradiens or patterns in this case) and use a size of 1968 x 16

2. Create a new picture in the editor (Ctrl + N) and change the size to 1968 x 16, also set the image opacity to 0

3. Insert the downloaded image in the new file, if it appears too small, resize it till it gets the size and make it fit exactly in the center

4. Change the colors or even use a gradient or pattern to customize it

5. Once finished, save as .PNG and then rename the picture to ClassImages

6. Use the manual installation method

11 Likes