- Detailed description of bug; VehicleSeats sometimes no longer work with older wheels using the Hinge Surface joint, or the bug only affects individual Hinges so you may get vehicles that have only 3 out of 4 wheels working.
- Where the bug happens; In game and in Studio.
- When it started happening; First noticed it 3 days ago when the boats in my obby quit driving. It was only certain boats that had 2 propellers on the back driven by Hinge surfaces and VehicleSeats. Other boats that had 2 paddlewheels on each side (like a car’s wheels) still work fine. I don’t get error messages in the Output window.
-I fixed it in my Boat Obby by changing to HingeConstraints and rescripting the drive scripts, but since Hinges and HingeConstraints act differently it took quite a while to fine-tune the differences.
- Screenshots and videos of the bug; In the video I’m using W, A, S & D but as you can see none of the wheels are turning. I’ve tried increasing Torque since you can see by the red dots at the wheels it’s trying to do something, but no movement of the car.
- Steps to reproduce the issue (be minimal, specific, consistent!); Happens in a lot of my older games too. Some vehicles don’t drive at all, some drive but individual wheels are locked up, others drive fine. Each vehicle seems to react the same way as its original each time it spawns. Also the AreHingesDetected value reads at 0 although in this case there are 8 Hinges that are attached to the wheels.
Similar to the report in this post as well: Is this a roblox bug or on my part?
This is also affecting legacy Motor Surfaces that are set to spin signs or windmills in older places using the Rotate or RotateV Properties. I found it on the dragon I have in the background of the video which is travelling around on a monorail. When the player gets ‘caught’ by a seat in the dragon’s claw the Motors that propel it don’t have enough torque and the dragon stops moving around the track.
If you have had this issue please comment below so the post gets bumped. This will affect many legacy games if it isn’t rectified.