Verify account in setting 403 error

when I go to verify my 2fa on account i cant get my 2 step verification sent to my email, I get no email for it.
The email is not in my spam, promotions, or any other folder, and no emails are blocked. I used to get Two step verification emails before. My account’s email was not changed.
within the console i get a 403 error.

I troubleshooted the issue multiple times and nothing seems to work at all.

I also tested this on my alternate account, setting the email to the email on my compromised account and sending a two step code. Same result. HOWEVER, I hooked up my alt account with a different email the two step email was received. Not sure if emails are blocked from receiving two step if login is attempted too many times.

I’ve noticed there are very few posts about this, so I’ve decided to write another one to see if anyone has any insight for me, as there were no solutions on the other posts.

At the moment I am currently have access to my account however cant use most features, and Roblox support has not replied to me in over a week.

1 Like

The title of this topic mention a 403 error, but you don’t mention it in your post. I understand your 2FA email isn’t coming through but could you specify what page is giving you the 403 error?

Check your email provider’s settings. You may have added a filter to delete Roblox emails or blocked a Roblox email address. If you’re using a service like Gmail that relies on the Google Account’s storage, certain emails might fail to arrive if there isn’t enough storage space.

Try to ascertain if 2FA emails in particular are being blocked. Do any other Roblox emails come through, like new login alerts or password resets?

1 Like

I’ve had ROBLOX added to my contacts so nothing gets filtered out.
and all other emails from ROBLOX come through.
all i get is “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()”

1 Like

Yes, but where are getting this error? Your email provider? Roblox? What part of the website are you on that gives you this error? Is Roblox specifically mentioning an email instead of the other several 2FA methods? If you have a device that’s already logged in or another way to sign in, try to verify that the account’s email hasn’t been changed. If someone had access to your account, they could’ve changed the email to lock you out.

1 Like

On the Roblox console, and ive tried on different devices still no luck and i know the email hasn’t changed because i was able to sign in to it with a backup code.
Screenshot 2024-04-22 234642

1 Like

Hello @kianboi3334, how are you? Could you tell us more about how this error occurs? Maybe your IP has been banned. Causing the 403 (Forbidden) Error. But there is good news for you. I’m going to give you some step by step steps that you should follow. I will be based on two sites that you can consult later Authentication Failed error code 403 Roblox and LifeWire.

I will select topics from 1 to 8. I will use content from LifeWire

1° Check if Roblox is down.

It’s a good idea to check how Roblox’s services are doing. This error may occur because a service is failing or if Roblox is experiencing problems.

2° Restart your computer.

A restart may resolve some temporary technical issues that are preventing you from using Roblox services.
It’s worth remembering that it’s a good idea to check your modem or router.

3° Turn off VPN or Antivirus.

Maybe the Antivirus on your device conflicts with Roblox connection services. It is recommended to turn it off and test if Roblox will work. This also applies to VPN.

4° Clear Roblox Cache and reinstall it.

Maybe Roblox Caches are making it difficult for you to authenticate, you need to clear all Roblox temporary files. If it doesn’t work, I recommend that you reinstall it again using the following article [here](https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/pt-br/articles/203312910-Como-Reinstalo-o-Software-da- Roblox).

5° Contact Roblox.

As a last resort, contact Roblox. They will be able to provide more information on how to resolve your problem. Get in touch here.

It’s worth remembering that these tips are not mine but proposed by LifeWire, I’m just passing them on so you can solve your problem. If you have any questions or need help again, reply to this post so I can help you better. Thank you for your attention and understanding and I hope you can resolve the HTTP 403 (Forbbiden) error.

See you later @kianboi3334!

1 Like

I got the same 403 console error when doing email 2FA but it only happens the first time it’s prompted and it doesn’t affect the email arriving. Given that you’ve tried other devices and accounts and this is specific to 2FA, it’s likely that your suspicion of that email being blocked for too many attempts is valid. If this block is indefinite, hopefully support can do something to unblock it.

In the mean time, consider adding an authenticator app as 2FA so you don’t risk exhausting your backup codes. When your email gets unblocked or you end up using another on the account, you can disable the app option if you’d like.

1 Like

The error occurs whenever i want to verify my account to make big purchases or uses premium benefits, ive tried all these steps however nothing and support just say they will get back to me within 24 hours however its been 2 weeks

1 Like

i thing is I’m unable to add an authenticator because i need code sent to email to change it and you know how it is I’m not receiving any.

1 Like

Right, my bad. I forgot 2FA is required for all security settings and email changes. Try not to log out too much since backup codes can’t be regenerated without 2FA. The support team might need you to provide receipts and other information to confirm you own the account before they change the email or 2FA settings to let you regain control. I’m guessing you filed a support email through the same email you’re having 2FA issues on. If you got the automatic reply, then any actual replies can also arrive.

1 Like

So we recommend that you wait for the Roblox team to respond to you with new information. Until this happens, try to keep your account active and be careful not to be logged out. As mentioned by @deleteables.

1 Like

yeah thanks ill keep that in mind, is there a better way of contacting them though. i feel like im going around in circles when contacting roblox

1 Like

Unfortunately not. The only way is to contact Roblox to resolve these types of cases.

1 Like

Okay thanks i appreciate the help though.

1 Like