[OPEN SOURCE] Redefine:A | An NxEngine-based Admin System

Considering you’ve joined my discord, I have no idea why you’ve posted it here. Please contact me there, as this was an unnecessary post.

1 Like

I have returned and done another-

Update!

Admin - V03.1-Pre3A (Update #65);

Too much stuff has been added in order to make this list short and understandable so I’ll just make a tl;dr;

• Settings
  • SaveAdmins function overhaul
  • Remotetrap that’ll notify online staff (moderators+) about triggered traps.
  • Made the GetLevel() function a bit better. (Now owners will always have level 5, even if they got unrooted by someone using an exploit as a root.)
  • The gameSecret is now randomized rather than being always the same.

there are a lot more changes but im not going to write them all down here. Check out my github (Listed in the top post) for the full modulescript and changes.

Desktop - Build 53;

• New icons for the desktops. ya’ll better like 'em despite me being a very bad artist or i stg im gonna stop making upd-
  • Strict mode and Echo have been fixed for apps. It will now stop when it needs to.
2 Likes

Thank you for that. I will absolutely use this, +follow.

2 Likes

Feel free to use the admin! If you have any issues, please contact me directly on Discord or Devforums. (Sorry for late response. I was too busy making a new update.)

2 Likes

since im not allowed to post every new update I’ll only post updates that are worth noting and stuff. Dev rel, if you see this, please let me know if at least this is allowed.

Updated!

I have updated the admin to Build 68.
The most notable notes between 66 to 68 as of writing;

• R:A will now tell you how much time it took for it to load.
  • R:A will now let you load it from studio AND handle you automatically without tinkering.
  • New sounds again.
  • Sandbox mode has been publicized. is this even the correct way to say that…?
  • The notifications will now have a timer as shown her- uh…
  • A load of new commands have been shoved into the mainmodule script, most notably slock.

As for the desktop, progress has been steady, but I don’t feel like it’s ready to be published yet into the global version. However, new stuff is in for the R:A build of the desktop, which includes a folder where all of the applications will be shown at one place, without the need of running them from the terminal.image

aka we are one step closer to having actual folders.

Sorry if bumping 47 days later is not allowed, but this is huge and I don’t want to create yet another thread because of an update.

I have just released Redefine:A version 4, and it contains a lot of changes and edits, including modular design and very easy environment customizations. Feel free to look around, and remember: This admin is actually good and was made for medium-sized games / groups, nothing more.

3 Likes

A lot of changes have occured recently with Redefine:A and DisplayNames have been added.
I’ll begin from the start.

• New commands: Sudo, Announce (Global), Remote, Rejoin, Banlist, PBan and Partyhat.
  • You can now target the server by using @server, @@ or #0.
  • Added a new datastore fork called “Even Easier Data Storage”.
  • Added filtering on the PM addon, which is toggled by the loader settings.
  • Added Cross-Server commands for the admin.
  • New UI (again)
  • SUPPORT FOR DISPLAYNAMES
  • When there are friends in-game or when friends join, notify players. SyncAdmin style.
  • Changed the TextFiltering to be a FakeService rather than depending on the ever-changing service.
  • Updated info to show warnings.

For real though, I release updates very frequently and whenever I do I post them immediately in the Discord. Join it.

1 Like

This is literally so incredible. Thank you so much for providing us with an incredible admin resource.

2 Likes

Is this still getting updates???

Yes, the admin is getting updates on a weekly basis. Sometimes daily when a lot of bugs are reported at once. In fact, new features are coming out as well. I have recently added an error log and Light Mode.

2 Likes

Can we change the prefix tho? Since I am not used to using the prefix Redefine uses

It’s actually very easy to change the prefix. Open the settings and find this part;

Change ! to anything you wish to be the prefix.

I recommend you to explore the settings a bit more, as there are more settings such as Preferred method, which allow you to change the admin handles arguments. (For example, SM (the default one) is based on SourceMod, and lets you target player groups by doing @all, @others, etc, while S (or Simple) will allow you to use the current method most other admins use to target groups, for example, all, others, etc..

1 Like

Thanks I’m just dumb so :joy: Couldn’t find it

Sheesh, this will take a while to read since there were too many updates.
I’ll… uh… just make it into a spoiler for each major build. (tl;dr is included, so you don’t need to exercise by clicking the build changelogs)

Remember, you can join the discord server in order to get the updates before everyone else!

Build 15 (Broadcast update lol)
+ UI Overhaul for broadcasts. (broadcast and stuff)
+ A notification has been added for when people leave while being muted.
+ The admin is now automatically muting people who leave while being muted and rejoin.
+ Officially added table env.Settings.RelevelCommands.
! Broadcast-type (NewMessage) messages are now client-sided.
Build 16 (Temporary Admins)
+ Added new table in the environment for temporary levels, marked as 'env.templevels'.
+ New commands: !temp[level] and !untemp. (untemp will remove temporary admins only.)
+ Added boolean value env.Settings.SuppressErrors.
+ Better modding support; When you want to fork a command or a function, you won't need to disable them.
! You can now server ban people who are root as the owner.
Build 17 (the "Stop destroying our eyes" update)
+ From now on, all long notifications will be extended. You'll notice it rather quickly if you get a lot of long notifications.
+ The light mode notifications option will now save.
+ Experimental animated notifications have been added.
+ Light Mode: Broadcast messages are now affected by the Light Mode option.
! When a notification expires (either by clicking or timer runs out) the above notifications will 'fall' to fill in that space.
Build 18 & 19 (Both were rather minor)
+ Added command flags.
+ StringManipulator is now active for ban messages.
+ If you want to suppress the game secret message you usually get when firing up Redefine:A, you can now add this line to the settings;
module.HideGameSecret = true
! Temp levels are now handled using table.insert rather than table[#table+1]
! !tick and !ping are now separate commands.
Build 20 (aka the SyncAdmin update)
+ Added SyncAdmin plugins support.
+ Officially made StringManipulator available on all message-type commands.
+ New notification type: Hint
+ You no longer have to ungroup command models in order for them to be recognised by the admin.
+ Sound Packs; The sounds will be replaced without the need of rejoining now.
+ You will now also be able to see which sound pack is active.
! Changed ListUI to a new experimental UI that is primarily based on Windows 'Metro Classic' feel.
! You now need to click on '&' to get the Searchbar.
! The Searchbar has been tweaked a bit in all ListUI type messages.
Build 21 (CloudAPI Update (The current one))
+ A global banlist is now active, constantly being moderated by the R:A staff team. You can report cheaters, exploiters, TOS-Breakers, whatever.
+ You can now have game settings saved between games (admins, bans, UI configs, etc.)
+ You can now target in-game teams using ${team} or team:{team}
({team} being the team name
+ Added an API status viewer in settings.
+ You can now use RichText in notifications freely.
! Updated !tick to use RichText and include API Responsiveness.

is this admin a computer or a admin ???

I am having a tough time answering that question lmao.
This admin is an admin I guess :woman_shrugging:

no it is pro pc which is very epic with le epic background

Hello! Your admin is quite clean and is pretty funny when you mess with things like running superadmin on a root admin. It has the right balance of fun but not terribly abusable commands. Is it possible to set up a trello or discord ban list though? The current ban system is a little hard to manage timebans with, unless you want to straight-up permanently ban everyone that breaks a rule, or only issue server bans, you would have to set up another admin system along with it. Other then that I think it would work for a group game like I want and I appreciate someone setting something cool like this up for free, this deserves more attention and use.

Hey there. Yes, the admin is very much able to operate on Trello, Discord and any other services you might be able to use as long as you can run them on Roblox. (Again, it’s very modular and open source on top of that, meaning you can literally rewrite the whole admin to be something entirely else without even forking the module.)

As for the trello/discord direct integration, I can help you make one for your group while making it an available resource for everyone else at the same time. Feel free to join the R:A Discord so we can further discuss it from there.

Thanks for the quick response, I don’t have a verified phone number on the account currently and I am not sure I want to put it out there on many sites, this might seem like over thinking it but I just don’t want to get spam calls in case Discord’s info ever leaks which I realize probably won’t happen.