Vesteria Open-Source

Another question of my end, I am currently setting everything up in Studio but does Rojo normally setup all the folder structures for you in the right places or do I need to do that myself and if so it of course did be good to know how I would structure/name folders in the right places so that I can then workout features according to the code.

I have not worked with Rojo before so I have no idea how to open the project at this moment.

I still remember the 1000 strings I had to translate for this project. Biggest undertaking of my career so far, haha!

Glad you guys are back on your feet. Best of luck in any future endeavours!

hello, this game would be really good for my project but i dont know how all this rojo stuff works? can someone perhaps show how to copy this game into roblox studio???

1 Like

There are plenty of tutorials on the internet and DevForum! They also have their own Rojo official website that you can reference and explains some of the main details and takeaways!

thank you so much this should help me now

1 Like

Yup no problem! Let me know if you need any further assistance!

You say open-sourced, yet there’s no Roblox game file to be found. How are developers who want to learn from your work supposed to do so without a game place file to open in studio in the first place?

what are you saying bruh

1. GitHub - berezaa/vesteria: Vesteria is a fantasy MMORPG on Roblox- originally founded by berezaa, sk3let0n and Polymorphic in the Roblox Incubator program. ??? The entirety of the game’s code is open sourced I don’t see how the “how are we supposed to learn with no game file” claim is valid
  2. Iirc Vesteria isn’t just one game file it’s a TON of places all connected to the one game
  3. Open sourced ~= “give me roblox game file”

Any form of YOUR work that you share to the public as a resource is considered open-sourced

13 Likes

This is a fantastic resource for beginners like myself. I have been watching the progress of Vesteria from afar and what you and the team managed to accomplish was an amazing feat.
Just like the four-minute mile you have proven the capabilities of the Roblox engine.

I do have a question Berezaa.
Can you give us all, 5 lessons learned from Vesteria?
This would potentially be more valuable for developers than the Open source itself.

3 Likes

How do I open it via Roblox studio

1 Like

Is there a way to import all the files into Roblox Studio at once, if not is there a studio file somewhere in here?

You’re supposed to use Rojo, I believe. They’re not giving away models and stuff, they’re only allowing major code and stuff.

2 Likes

How to download the open source game?

They’ve open-sourced the code, not the entire game. Here’s a place file with all of the code in it
vesteria.rbxlx (2.6 MB)

7 Likes

that would be very good for beginners or advanced developers and could really improve some games or something unique and I will try to see how it works and improve my code base because I am also day and night making a somewhat organized order even though in the end I don’t like it to have the order that I do but that would be very good although I get an error but I will try to see it but thank you very much for the codes I am sure that one day I will use them

:smiley: :+1: