Video uploads [Beta]: Add short-form video to your experience

The money is a bit excessive, but the ID verification essentially makes it impossible for me to upload videos period. Further more limiting it to just 30 seconds is not worth the price and requirements, you wouldn’t pay 20 dollars for a 30 second looped gif anywhere else.

Just to have a small cutscene of around a minute, you would be forced to use up 2-3 of your monthly video uploads and combine them together in real time, instead of just playing a single video. This would also cost the excessive price of 6,000 Robux for only around a minute or two of actual content.

And while you can just use a camera and viewportframe or other form of cinematic, it will never reach the same potential quality as an actual video, with the ability to pre-render entire cutscenes in other applications like blender.

Forcing strict requirements like these stops small developers from being able to use this feature at all for the foreseeable future.

If nothing else, at least find another form of verification required other than a ID.

6 Likes

I cannot upload a 30 seconds long 1920x1080 mp4 video, what can cause it? I’m ID verified and have required robux on my account.

Hi there! We just released a change that should give a more descriptive message. Could you try again and let us know if the error is still vague for you?

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for your reply!
At first I would like to point out that I made a typo so I meant .mp4 instead of .mp3. Also, the issue is still the same.

1 Like

Of course! Also, could you open your DevForum DMs so I can follow up with some debugging steps to help us identify the cause?

3 Likes

In the case of uploading audios or images- it will often say asset creation failed if your name or description triggers the filter.
May well be the same for video.
Worth trying changing the name and description.

I couldn’t upload an audio named “Audio” cuz it got filtered.
Took me ages to figure that out.

2 Likes

Just opened my DMs, I managed to upload my video after converting it to .mov, even though the .mp4 file size was 55 MB (.mov file uploaded at 11 MB). It was not the file name, title or description being moderated. I have no idea what could’ve caused it. Worth to add that my video got moderated after like 3 hours for “illegal activity” but after appealing it got quickly restored, I don’t understand that practice.

1 Like

I agree. That’s enough robux required for you to change your username twice.

if its that short then just upload like the frames individually with audio

Will it be possible to change the playback speed of the video in order to bypass the 30 second limit

1 Like

This would probably work, would be really smart ngl. Setting playback speed to 0.1 would already make the video 5 minutes long!

(Haha but I wouldn’t let the mods know :wink: )

2 Likes

This is a great feature and I’d love to use it. Unfortunately, I can’t cough up 2,000 Robux.

1 Like

Do we need to wait for it to be moderated before testing in studio? Just uploaded a video and it’s saying Failed to load video. I’ve given the specific experience to use the video, so I just assume it has to be moderated? and if so, how long can that take?

If we upload a video using mov with transparency, is the transparency done correctly? How do we contact customer support? And would anything actually be done to fix it, or would a refund just be provided?

EDIT
Does this mean it failed moderation? If so how do we appeal? Is a refund given?

Ain’t no way they are serious with the 2000 Robux price tag right?

If it’s gonna be like this, I genuinely doubt a sane person would even use the feature at this point.

Is there any plans to allow alpha channel support in the (NEAR) future ? Much needed right now and already wasted 2k robux on a video just giving me a black screen :sob:

2 Likes

Are uploaded video assets permanently stored, or do I need to pay to maintain the existence of my videos in the future?

Will I need to re-upload my old video assets when there are major updates to this feature? Does the 2000 Robux fee cover all costs for review and subsequent storage? I have some video uploading needs recently, and I would like to know if this will affect my experience. Thank you.

It just happens to me, Amazing, My robux are WASTED.

This price is huge, Roblox development was meant to be accessible. Now we have to pay for features

2 Likes

I’m still extremely upset about this whole feature, sure we’re able to share videos with our friends now for them to use. But what if we want everybody to use our videos? If we were able to publish videos for everybody to use out there, for example a funny animation for people to use, and then tons of people were to put that in their game, that would basically make the creator of the video a mini celebrity within the studio community. This is just one of the thoughts which would make setting videos to public fun and helping people get their name out there.

2 Likes