Video uploads [Beta]: Add short-form video to your experience

I think 10k robux isn’t enough. It should be 100k robux and experiences with videos only get 30% of income while Roblox gets 70%.

11 Likes
  1. It says mov is supported but it wouldn’t let me upload in mov

2. RGB + ALPHA for mov videos should be supported as it allows transparent background, would be very cool for win animations and transitions

3. i tried uploading a simple animation in mov dnt work so i converted it to mp4:

7 Likes

I’ve been waiting, 3 whole years for this feature. I can’t believe its out!!! Thank you so much!!!
However I am deeply upset that it uses the same privacy thing as audios, it’s a shame I won’t be able to find other people’s videos and use them as some sort of cool youtube system.

3 Likes

I really hope these are increased in the near future as it makes the use of videos severely restricted. Especially when it comes to cutscenes or tutorials, which I’m assuming is going to be the main use case for this.

Very good idea, extremely unfortunate requirements.

3 Likes

If I add a 300 MB video to my experience, will everything load in prior to the video loading to keep load time down? Will it stream in as if it were a YouTube video or does the entire 300 MBs of content need to load in prior to the video playing? ty!

7 Likes

2k robux just for a video??? that’s a little bit too much, especially when it gets rejected
and this requiring id-verification is a instant no.

would be a pretty cool feature and i’d probably use it but the requirements are a little bit too much.

6 Likes

Is this sarcasm?

Or reverse psychology?

20 dollars for a 30 second 1080p video is very overpriced.

11 Likes

mods can we ban this guy???

11 Likes

Easier to upload 4k videos using below fhd images? + it would never work as well as videos due to internet conditions and ppls hardware

2 Likes

You gotta upload it from studio using the asset manager method, I just tried it, trust

Unfortunately you’re gonna get a black background when having an RGB + Alpha for .MOVs regardless if things are transparent.

1 Like

rgb+alpha should be a standard

5 Likes

Felt that, maybe down the line they’ll fix something or add further docs to it

1 Like

its sarcasm… i hope. 20 bucks for a 30 second video is already insane enough

2 Likes

For real, paying for it just screwed this new feature.

2 Likes

Was just reading a topic on this yesterday lol. Finally we can actually make some cool stuff!

3 Likes

You want only devs with successful games to be able to do this?!! That’s way too high and also I mean there are other ways for them to make money (also this is 2000 ROBUX PER UPLOAD which is already gonna make em a lot)

5 Likes

2000 ROBUX FOR A VIDEO???

Now excuse my message but that’s ridiculous, paying 2k robux for a 30 sec video and knowing that the chances of it getting rejected because of the moderation just sucks.

I really hope y’all decide to leave it for free because that is just dissapointing.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Not even that, they GOTTA put the thing for free.

5 Likes

No refund for false video. Sounds sad

8 Likes