Video uploads [Beta]: Add short-form video to your experience

i can’t wait for people to make entire “ironic-offensive memes that would get you called a horrible person because you are” compilation games

Sarcasm. Alot of it.

Amazing update, However it would be perfect if the pay wall was decreased. I know that this is in beta and everything,

but 2k robux is too much for uploading a video less than 30 seconds.

2 Likes

2000 Robux :nerd_face:

For 30 seconds …

6 Likes

The problem is ROBLOX moderation is not exactly the best right now, it could end up moderating an innocent video or bypass something graphic.

2 Likes

Also… 2000 Robux? Really? -_-

1 Like

Roblox and their partner Veriff do not store any of your personal information other than your birthday after 90 days of the verification process.

1 Like

Me when viewport frames exists

The fee should be less than 700 robux because there’s no point uploading them for 20$. Like bro, I’m not that rich to pay 2000 robux per video. It should be at least 200 or 300 robux imo

Imagine if I wanted to upload a 2 minute video, I would spent for it almost 10k in total and uploading parts of my video. And also I need to script all thing to show next 30 sec part of the video. Imo, max length should be 2 minutes.

I get this part, it’s to avoid inappropriate videos being uploaded by non verified users.

Conclusion
I think that upload fee should cost less than 700 robux and should have 2 min max length. Tbh I don’t want to pay 20 dollars for some 30 seconds like bro I can just use viewport frame or smth like that for this.

2 Likes

720p Video won’t be 720p for people who can’t run or have 720p monitors so :person_shrugging: :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: literally no one cares. This better be a troll post because everyone who ever used video frames knows why this is useful even on lower resolutions

1 Like

If they are charging that much per video, they should have made it that you can upload videos that are 5 minutes long.

3 Likes

my point is with the video lenght.

at least it should be based on how long the video is.

(and OFC it should never go above or close to the 2k price)

2 Likes

hahahaha so many restrictions and way overpriced… nty, I’ll stick with gif-to-vid method stitched with sound instances :slight_smile:

If you’re willing to put in some extra effort, a short term solution would be to simulate a gif using something like this:

[Model] Gif UI Element

1 Like

4k video is much different than 4k rendering of 3D graphics. Also, viewing a 4k video on a 1080p monitor will still appear higher quality than a native 1080p video on a 1080p monitor. In addition, keep in mind that the point of these VideoFrames isn’t just for fullscreen viewing, it’s also for use on BillboardGuis. If the BillboardGui is rather large, 1080p won’t look as good.

What I’m referring to is PPI (Pixel Per Inch), or in this case, PPS (Pixel Per Stud), both of which are ways of defining pixel density. The bigger the pixels, the less detailed it will be. There are benefits to this too, such as using lower resolution images on far away objects, you’re not going to notice the lack of detail as easily.

Either way, it depends on your specific use-case.

2 Likes

2000 robux? what in gods name are you smoking

4 Likes

I believe this is a “temporary” payment, to limit video upload spamming, especially on alts. But to remind you, audio also used to cost R$ to upload until relatively recently. VideoFrames are still new and require optimization for both in-game use and platform use, I’m sure.

This is unfortunate for completely new developers, however 2k R$ is a minimal amount for most developers. Thankfully, there are other solutions if you are unable to obtain enough R$, depending on what kind of video you wanted to upload. You can simulate gifs like my post above, or use a ViewportFrame to animate out the video instead. Bloxburg just animated using 2D UI elements, similar to an old flash game.

But if your project absolutely needs to use a VideoFrame for whatever reason, I would recommend either finding an investor (2k R$ won’t be difficult to find an investor for) or doing contract work to earn that R$.

2 Likes

Yeah, it costed 100 R$. Not 1000.

What? If that’s your view then you have no value in money. 2K is a large amount regardless of what kind of developer you are.

Your entire post comes off as a back handed way to call people poor. Get a grip.

4 Likes

That’s so true…

Cost to upload images: 0
Cost to upload audio: 0
Cost to upload video: 2000 (inf% more than image + audio)

What’s a video made of? Images and audio.

5 Likes

bUt YoU cAn UpLoAd 4K oOoooOoOOo

2 Likes

And then they put it on a 144p SurfaceGui… :sob:

3 Likes

lolol, gotta love it!

powering imagination

2 Likes