"View group experience analytics" permission does not seem to work

Reproduction Steps

1. Turn on the View group experience analytics permission for a role
2. Try to access group experience analytics, will prompt “Access Denied”

Expected Behavior

It should let the person with the role view the analytics.

Actual Behavior

The user is prompted with “Access Denied”

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-30 10:06:00 (-07:00)

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

This fixed yet? Still happens in games I work on

1 Like

My teammates are also having this issue. I would like to give them access to the analytics without giving them access to edit our live games.

2 Likes

This is still an issue. The permission is clearly named “view group experience analytics” yet it does absolutely nothing.

1 Like

What is the ETA on this fix? I have a game with thousands of concurrents and I can’t see any of the stats except visits. I’m the group owner too.

1 Like

Bumping this issue, still occuring

1 Like

Bump, extremely misleading and annoying behavior. Viewing game performance is not something I ever want to link with management permissions of group assets

2 Likes

This is still an issue with group games I work on :confused:

2 Likes

This is still an issue. People who I have given permissions to “View Group Analytics” still are unable to access the groups’ experience analytics. Even sending the direct link (to the analytics) redirects the users (who have the adequate permissions) to an “Access Denied” page.

Please can we get an update on this issue? It’s been over half a year now.

Hi all.
We are aware of this issue and we are working on a solution for this one.
Right now we have temporarily mitigate the issue by allowing devs with ViewAnalyticsPage permission to view the page through URL.
If you share the URL, it should now show the metrics instead of Access Denied.
We will improving the navigation on the menu soon. Thanks for the patience.

1 Like

Hi all:
We have improved the creator dashboard navigation flow.
Now with only the analytics permission, the user can see the experience and navigate to all the analytics page. Right now developer stats page is still showing Access Denied. We are working on fixing it now. Thanks for the patience and let us know if there is any other issue you have.

1 Like

Update: The bug has been fixed!!!

Previously you need both view analytics permission and create/edit group experiences permission to see analytics for an experience.

Now you just need view analytics permission.

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes