View Players with the Inspect Menu

Yes you can disable it :slight_smile: its just enabled by default

It can be added. What would be some of the use cases for this?

It’s extremely useful for those who really are interested in one’s avatar. This update makes it easier to view any avatar acessores they’re wearing instead of having to search their profiles on the top search bar of the website then end up seeing their profile names come up in hashtags. Overall, I can see a great future from this update!

You could for example have a refferal system, which gives you in game money if you buy a clothing article from the inspection menu.

I’m talking about the player list that appears in the settings menu, not the one you can control with CoreGuiEnabled or the inspect menu.

I do not know how to disable it however in the post it states ‘this is on by default’ which infers you cn turn it off

That should answer your question.

Edit:
Here is the code.

GuiService:SetInspectMenuEnabled(, false)

2 Likes

How would you know who to report if someone breaks the rules?

2 Likes

That’s a really good point. We can disable the coregui player list that is displayed while in-game, but I think there should always be a way for players to see and report/friend request/etc in-game. Is having the player list tucked away in the menu actually hurting the game?

Awesome features, but I am confused. If a game has a avatar editor (Meep City) then will it show the clothes the avatar is wearing in-game or on the website?

It’s gonna be the same avatar you see on the website.

2 Likes

Great update, will certainly be using this. Maybe allow us to also buy other items like Shirts or T-shirts in the future in the same way?

1 Like

Will we also be able to see Player’s Join Date in the future? I’ll definitely love to see that :grin:

2 Likes

This update is good! Especially now that we can inspect user’s avatars to a closer view and see what they use for their avatar.

2 Likes

That would be cool but I kinda feel it is too much detail for that menu. However, there is nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

I only see a negative here with no real positives. You gain nothing really by knowing someone’s join date, and it’s not uncommon on Roblox for users to be harassed over being newer than the player harassing them.

3 Likes

Will we be able to view gears in this menu in the future? I’ve noticed that we can’t do that currently.

We are not planning on adding gears to this menu.

3 Likes

Do you have any plans of making it use your equipped items in the future if you’re using HumanoidDescriptions to edit players’ characters? This could make more people switch to using that system for custom characters.

We definitely thought about this extensively. At the end, decided to go with Roblox’s avatar vs the game’s avatar. Mostly for consistency. Unfortunately as you know, Humanoid Description is not the only way to change how player avatars look in games, so we can’t really depend on GetAppliedDescription to show what the player is currently wearing.

2 Likes