View Players with the Inspect Menu

A long awaited feature. Happy to see the developers earn 10% from item purchases. A very interactive and social addition to any game.

1 Like

Once, you buy the item will it give you the ability to wear it after when you purchase it! in the game? Or you have to go in your avatar to equip the item You brought.

1 Like

Is there any reason this isn’t using SetCore like other CoreGui elements?

4 Likes

Dang it, now people can steal my sick looks :angry:

Just kidding, of course.

This feature seems pretty cool, and I’m pretty glad it’s added now.

Good work soldiers salute

4 Likes

I believe the “this will add on to the commissions tab” is referring to the commisions section on the trade section of the Roblox website. I am not completely sure but that’s what I think.

This is going to be absolutely amazing for monetizing games, even more than they already are with things like social hangouts, etc. I really appreciate this as now, games I have been working on, can experience more robux income, and more success on our game revenue!

This is great! I’ve always had trouble if I wanted to know what someone was wearing. I’m also assuming that InspectPlayerFromUserId performs a web request, so we have to wrap it in a pcall?

Hold on. If you’re BC and earn 70% of purchases, does this go for the inspect menu too?

No. Read this article. Although this applies to gear, this would also apply to this new system (if I had to guess, which certainly seems like it does):

https://developer.roblox.com/articles/Earning-Commissions

This is a great feature overall. If the feature were to contain links of what item a user is wearing similar to the actual site, that’ll be quite nice. I can see this feature being slightly useful in Trading.

What a wonderful announcement, it’s like a dream come true in just two days :slight_smile:

My nightmares have ended

4 Likes

So does this feature work for custom created assets that are currently equipped on the avatar from an in-game stance?

Like if I have assets for humanoids that rival that of the catalog. But cannot add to the catalog for reasons unknown (like seriously not being able to do that in the first place) Do they still appear in the inspection menu?

If not is this a planned feature for future updates?

Will we ever get to upload assets to the catalog?

This is a good edition, at first when reading the post I wasn’t too sure about it, and thought it would be something I’d disable. Reading the comments I get a better idea, that is in esc tab and won’t effect game play.

So with the 10% commissions is that for NBC people too? I understand that NBC members don’t get as much from a sale of a vip server or game pass etc.

I think this is a great step forward for Roblox, and developers. I noticed this a few days ago, but kind of ignored it. Nice to see it become a thing though! Just is crazy with all these updates. I can’t stay on one version of Roblox Studio for no longer than a day, haha. Keep up the good work, Roblox!

While this post will be good for game revenue im worried about people just cloning my avatar with the try on feature :thinking:

3 Likes

Can we get a method to disable the settings player list?

My game doesn’t use Roblox usernames but instead custom “nicknames”, and that makes it pointless for me.

Also, a lot of games (e.g. army games) may want to keep the player list hidden.

This feature has been needed for a long time now and thank you for adding it. This feature is also a step forward with solving the recent issue with DevEx rates because developers will earn 10% of each purchase made from their games.

In the future I would like to see a way for users to search for catalog items in game. This will promote the use of the catalog even more and create an even more social aspect to games.

Can we report individual assets a player is wearing through Inspect Menu?
Sometimes a slip-up happens, and I think it might be easier for moderators to handle it if we report individual assets, instead of the whole account.

4 Likes

Any event to know if someone bought an item via the inspect menu?

Like:

player:BoughtFromInspect(playerName, playerIndpected, catalogID)

I never said is wasn’t possible? I said it was possible.