View Selector Release

Ooooh that’s hot.

Was never expecting this but a basic feature that is very welcomed. love how Roblox is getting better with every update at such a fast speed!

1 Like

First the toolbox, now this!?

Coincidence or should I be bracing for something big?

1 Like

I thing that this is a great addition to all the new updates that are happening, this defiantly will make things easier.

This is something I never even knew I wanted but it’s definitely gonna be very useful.

I cant help but smile and get super hyped with all these amazing potentially revolutionary features being added to Roblox. It makes me feel proud to say I’m a developer on the Roblox platform. Keep it up!

1 Like

This looks pretty awesome! Can’t wait to fix stuff by changing my camera 3 billion times just to make sure the brick is perfect.

1 Like

Really great addition, will make things easier for getting straight angle of view.
This got me thinking, what about a multi window mode so you can see top, side back etc at one time and be able to choose what angles/camera modes is shown.

Hey, this is awesome! The plugin it runs on also uses game.Workspace five times instead of workspace or game:GetService("Workspace")! Please correct this!

1 Like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s ultimately a micro-optimization, so I doubt it’ll make much of a difference to performance in this circumstance.

It’s not a performance worry. It’s an issue where if I change the name of Workspace to be something else (why are we still even allowed to do this?) it will throw an error and break this feature.

4 Likes

This is extremely helpful!

I have slight OCD, so editing views from proper angles is definitely appreciated!

Great update, my only suggestion is if we can get some shortcuts with the Numpad like Blender does with camera perspectives, it’s really helpful with the workflow.

1 Like

Will we ever see something like orthographic views or is that a no bueno FOV manipulation nightmare?

1 Like

This is made for OCD developer on Roblox! Great job guys!

By a weird quirk of the rules, renaming the workspace will never break references to it, as the DataModel has a Workspace property that always points to the workspace.

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/property/DataModel/Workspace

3 Likes

To achieve something like that, they would have to scale the camera up in proportion to the camera’s FieldOfView, and then just have some toggle that tweens the FOV.

It’s certainly in the realm of possibility though. Perhaps such a feature would warrant Roblox porting Studio’s camera driver into Lua?

1 Like

This is honestly a fantastic update!

However, can we have an option to hide the GUI and instead opt for keyboard shortcuts?

1 Like

Looks good, can’t wait to use it. Definitely a useful feature.

Jumped into studio just now and thought “What’s this little cute thing in the corner here, seems cool.”

That’s strange. It should still probably be changed even if there’s no risk associated with it. It’s inconsistent with Roblox’s style.