View Selector Release

Hey Developers,

Today, we are proud to release the View Selector tool in Studio. You are now able to easily navigate to and between 14 views in 3D space to get the perfect view of your creation.

As shown in the video, you will also be able to move the View Selector anywhere you want in the 3D Viewport. Additionally, you can disable it by going to View – > View Selector in the Ribbon Bar.

FAQ

Q: You said something about it looking a lot like Christmas last time?
A: Everywhere you go…

Another massive shout out to @programeow and @wengawenga for making this feature come to life! Let us know what you think below.

207 Likes

I noticed that right away! This seems like a good update, thanks for making this, this can help me fitting blocks perfectly for smooth placing. This is a 8/10 update so far!

4 Likes

Blessed be the cube. I love him.

I usually need to align to axes while building for symmetry and proportioning reasons and this will definitely help.

10 Likes

This is how you please people with OCD (me included)! Great work guys, we appreciate it!

7 Likes

Amazing! This would help alot at modeling and cutting.
Was waiting for this feature since ever.

3 Likes

Quite a long overdue feature, but still interesting nonetheless. I hope to see more quality of life, just small updates that make developing more enjoyable and easier, such as this one.

7 Likes

Best update we might ever had since the Roblox dark theme update. This update is going to help me with building and many others!

4 Likes

Wow! That makes life so much easier! Thank you! <3

1 Like

Interesting for those who want to inspect their models for extra details they wish to add.

2 Likes

Now we can find a certain side of a part without going into its properties. Thanks!

7 Likes

Ah Christmas in March. Love It! Makes viewing a model on the side or top now straight. People who’s top on straight camera views will love this. Another amazing update! :heart:

1 Like

This new feature will be really useful. Such a great update!

1 Like

great job on that studio feature @programeow and @wengawenga.

Looks like ViewportFrames are being used for studio tools now :o nice. I wonder what other features they might implement with them.

5 Likes

And thus Roblox Studio gets one step closer to replacing Autodesk Inventor.

1 Like

It’s Christmas every month at Roblox! Thank you for this, it will make screenshooting a lot easier.

2 Likes

What a wonderful update! Time for mesh deformation!

3 Likes

Nice small update.

My school uses Autodesk Inventor and this feature is just like the one they have to help navigate your object your creating.

Very helpful!

1 Like

Needless to say, for us builders out there, this’ll be a very helpful and handy tool. Thanks so much!

Is there a way to keep XYZ axis without using the View Selector cube? I previously had the XYZ axis available so that I could reference world directions. I still want to be able to do this without using or seeing the cube.