ViewportFrame Camera System

How are you able to use viewportframes on a part? I thought surface guis didn’t support viewportframes.

They’ve always supported it…?

Yes, SurfaceGuis can have ViewportFrames, however, you must place it in StarterGui and have its Adornee on the part you want it to show on.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for using my system!

This is the old version, and my new work is much better.

I recommend you switch to using this one instead. It gives you way more control over how things are rendered.

If you have questions on it, or need help with the setup, feel free to DM me!

@marketmanager1 @chrisopdemobiel

Edit: Rewrote this demo file to use the new handler system!

Security Camera System.rbxl (848.3 KB)
Note: This is uploaded with the module in it, and is therefore an outdated version of the module. The newer versions are backwards compatible, so just switching to the updated edition will still run in this example. If you plan on taking the module, I suggest you take the latest version of the module instead of copying the file out of this example.

This is the same map (I added balls rolling around for demo), but the code went from hundreds of lines to just 41!

25 Likes

Hey BoatBomber, is there a way to use more cameras and more screens? Because I tried changing it but every time I do it send all cameras screens to the same screen and glitched the view of it, could you help me making it so I can use more then 5 cameras and each a own screen?

You can use mutable screens in the new handler.

1 Like

Seems to be some sort of problem for my game, when I copied the following;

SurfaceGUI
CameraPart
Screen

The screen is blank and when I play it, it shows nothing but just a fabric part, anyone know whats the problem here?

4 Likes

Hey!

I’m trying to use this as a mirror. So when a player looks or moves to the left, the reflection will as well instead of moving to the right. Any advice on how to do so? I can’t exactly figure it out.

1 Like

Wow man, that’s a very cool functioning camera system. I rate it 10/10.

2 Likes

is there a way i can make multiple screens and multiple canmeras

Just duplicate the surface guis (make sure to adorn the main part ofc), and also duplicate the main script and edit it according to its exact parameters.

I know that its too late but, move the surface gui in starter gui and adorn it to the screen. Change the script to its parameters.

I am having an issue. Whenever a character is loaded they are teleported to the screen, is there a way to fix this?

You can delete the line that teleports them to the screen, that was added to the demo so that players end up in the demo area. This has also been asked before, if you scroll up.

Blindly copy pasting demos without reading the code is a bad idea.

4 Likes

Oh I am dumb - sorry for bothering and thank you for helping!

1 Like

Slight problem, for some reason. whenever a part gets added or a character gets added, it registers, however when a part/character is removed or deleted. it stays on the camera until you refresh your character. is there any other way to make it so the part gets removed? By the way, sorry for refreshing an old post.

This would have been better if we used Region3/OverlapParams to show parts close to the camera rather than rendering the whole workspace. This is wayy more performant, but i guess this is old now.

Umm hey i found a bug where when a object is deleted it dosnt dissapear but stays there and appears to be anchored but on the client side it is gone but the camera shows different!

A little late but how did u render the sky in the vid?

1 Like

I just figured out how to reply and i think i probably was already able to reply for a while
anyways the videos in the topic are not working
also i might try to use this vpf camera system! :​D