Vinegar - The Better Way to Run Roblox on Linux

wait what about the 32-bit version of Robblox?

can’t you use something similar to what Bloxstrap did, they have an option for us to choose whether to run the new 64-bit version or keep using the 32-bit version.

Edit - I tried to run vinegar on the endeavour os which is based on arch but um I had no luck, it gave me the error “Wine not supported” so there’s that.

1 Like

ROBLOX ON LINUX!!! IS!!! BACK!!!
:heart: i love you bitdancer

2 Likes

…no it’s not? this is outdated…

1 Like

It is in fact, back. Both Vinegar’s source and Flatpak version are updated to run Roblox again.

3 Likes

yeah i just tried it, it runs terrible

1 Like

Check your renderer settings, ymmv for every system.

1 Like

Welcome to the linux experience.

Jokes aside, you can give the Flatpak a shot or hop on either the Grapejuice or Vinegar Discord. We’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

Working great for me under flathub. Although performance seems to be worse than before! I’ll try compiling from source.

1 Like

Is this possible to run under Wayland?

1 Like

It is absolutely possible to run Vinegar under Wayland; however, it will need xwayland (which your probably have already) to function properly as Wine does not have support for Wayland directly.

1 Like

Ah yeah, I recognize that, I might try a Wine fork that supports Wayland (generally you get a bit of a performance gain on Wayland vs xWayland).
Edit: huh, updating to mesa-git solved all of my performance issues. Getting around 120FPS (About 60FPS on max settings) on my integrated graphics now! Give or take Windows Performance

2 Likes

For people having trouble launching Roblox at the moment, please note that we are investigating whether a lack of AVX support for your CPU affects Byfron.

4 Likes

I’ve been using Vinegar for a few days now. After configuring it correctly, it works quite nice. Even on a semi-old laptop. The only issues I can report are:

• Embedded webpages (e.g. groups, inventory, etc.) not loading properly
  • When in full-screen mode, not being able to use ALT+TAB to switch between windows

Aside from these two issues, with some minor workarounds, Vinegar is great, minimalist, and in some ways, just works. I greatly appreciate those involved with the creation of this project. :slight_smile:

- Tschüss!

1 Like

The embedded webpage issue cannot be resolved by Vinegar (or Grapejuice for that matter) as it’s an upstream wine bug. Sorry!

1 Like

Hello, does this still work? Would be nice if it does

2 Likes

Just tested and it does. Needed to tweak config for performance, though.

1 Like

Client works without a hiccup, but studio instantly brings up the error reporter upon launch. This is on Pop OS on an R7 AMD laptop with 3070 Ti.

2 Likes

Does this work for the Steam Deck?

3 Likes

i sure hope so buddy o’ pal :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

I get an error too, on mint although it will still run but I can’t login since I need WebView2, although I can’t install it somehow,

But I have a more significant (although not personally) issue in which the roblox player loads once and then doesn’t actually load into the game

1 Like