Virus Removal Beginner Friendly

Hello friends!

Let’s say you’re trying to make a game…

And can’t make or buy a model, so you search on the toolbox and just find the perfect one, but oh noes! there was a bad script inside and your game is lagging now.

How do you fix this?

Press ctrl + shift + x and search for scripts.

You find one that you didn’t make, what to do in this situation?

First open the settings > security > uncheck everything

DON’T test play as if there is an even more malicious script they could get your IP!

Ok now edit the malicious script and remove the part you deem malicious.

When that’s done, you can install an antivirus plugin and do a quick scan on your game to check if there are other things that are more hidden.

You can use EZ Antivirus (not sponsered)

4 Likes

This feels more like common sense than an actual tutorial but /shrug

I’m pretty sure the developers who actually fall for these kind of “viruses” do so because they are still learning how to code. How could a new developer differentiate between something malicious or not? Most viruses have syntax that is hard to understand.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure, I could make something better than this

like @Lunaryis said, people dont know how to get rid of it if they dont know how to code

If someone is using free models, they are most likely gonna have a bunch of scripts that they didnt make

Couldnt you also Ctrl + F and search for a virus code?

Sorry lunaryis, didnt mean to reply

I get they shouldn’t play-test, but don’t spread misinformation. People cannot get your IP through Roblox game viruses unless they decide to go ahead and self-host their own proxy that logs your details through HttpService (which would take a while for the majority of people that insert backdoors into games since most of them are just 10 year old script kiddies), but even for that they’d need to pay monthly for a good hosting service, self-host it on their PC/laptop (which would cause a lot of downtime, and it would just shut down if the computer turns off), or try to host it on a free hosting service which is still hard to do since every free hosting service (example: Heroku) is starting to slowly become paid access only.

When you look for scripts, don’t look for “what you may deem malicious”. It might not be malicious at all. You might just miss something because it doesn’t look malicious.

Always search for “require”, “loadstring”, and “getfen”. You should be most aware for the last 2 since require() is used in a lot of safe modules and systems like HD Admin, etc. If you see a random script requiring a module (if it’s just numbers (a roblox model id) then it’s even more likely to be malicious if you don’t remember adding it)

Reminder that playtests are hosted in your local machine

Yeah, playtests. Not actual Roblox games though.

And how are they supposed to even get your IP? I doubt there’s an API to get your IP, and to do it through HttpService (if it’s even possible…) wouldn’t the option need to be enabled?

its not “impossible” if u have http enabled though.

Hey! Sorry if I didn’t reply, but I made a script myself trying to get my own IP using non-malicious API, and I was able to do it using one and sending it via webhook.

Well, sadly there are, and if there wasn’t somebody would’ve created it with php.

I see, what API did you use? If it’s HttpService then I understand though but it’d be a bit weird if Roblox had some kind of API that could just get your IP address lol

1 Like

Yes lol, I’ve used HttpService and a webhook to view it, I don’t want to discolose the API as somebody whose viewing this post could use it for malicious intents.

1 Like