Visual Indicator for Disabled Constraints

Hi developers,

Just like what we did with scripts, physics constraints will now indicate when they are disabled by appearing in grayscale.

Like this:
constraintsgrey

Let us know if you have any feedback or questions!

60 Likes

I donā€™t use robloxes physics that often so this might not be as handy for me as scripts were but still really nice to have.

How many more of these ā€˜disabledā€™ textures are you guys going to add? I can see them becoming very usefull. Invisible frames for example can really benefit from this, and maybe locked parts too.

11 Likes

Will we get indicators for disabled GUI elements as well?

25 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™m loving the contextual icons so much! Iā€™m not huge on using constraits in my projects right now but either way the change is really pleasing!

I hope to see a continued expansion of contextual icon use!

1 Like

I still think it needs some sort of red circle in the cornerā€¦ or anything. I just have a hard time noticing this unless itā€™s right next to an enabled one

3 Likes

There is quite a few things that have some sort of ā€œEnabledā€ or ā€œDisabledā€ property, such as:

• ParticleEmitters
  • Lights
  • Trails
  • Beams
  • SpawnLocations
  • PostEffects
  • GUIs (as you mentioned)
  • Tools
  • Seats

Although the utility of the indicator varies based on the object type, there is a lot that can have indicators.

14 Likes

I think the biggest reason I want to see lights get it is simply because Silk icons already has on/off versions in it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m liking the direction youā€™re going with this.

2 Likes

This seems pretty useful! Just like the previous replies, I would love seeing this feature in other objects that can be hidden or disabled.

4 Likes

Itā€™s the little things that matter! As well as FiB

I think the largest similar improvement, as Qxest said, would be GUI. Thereā€™s been a few times where Iā€™ve gotten confused if I just misplaced an element and didnā€™t immediately think to check if I temporarily disabled it.

1 Like

Nice update. :smile:

However, do you have any other icons in mind? Itā€™d be really cool if there was a GUI icon (Like what Qxest said, good suggestion dude :+1: ). :wink:

1 Like