Visual Indicator for Disabled Scripts

Hey developers,

Many of you might have already noticed but we have turned on a visual indicator for Disabled Scripts. You will now be able to tell when a Script is disabled at a glance. Along with Scripts, this also works for LocalScripts.

Check it out:

Shout out to Regal_Corgi for implementing this feature.

Let us know if you have any feedback or questions!

180 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Please refrain from short posts – use the Like feature instead to show your approval if you have nothing significant to add.

I can’t even count how many times I’ve been wondering why something isn’t working because it’s been disabled. Thanks!!

17 Likes

I think we have all been there where we forgot we disabled a script and run the game thinking why nothing is working and no errors are printing and you start running tests and even asking for help, only to facepalm at finally noticing the script was disabled the entire time! :man_facepalming:

This will definitely prevent wasting a lot of time on a silly mistake. :+1:

15 Likes

It’s very nice to finally have this feature implemented! It has always plagued developers when you don’t know which script is disabled, and looks for a solution, only to find that it’s disabled.

3 Likes

Thank you! This will save so many headaches where I’m trying to figure out where my code won’t work but the issue is that my script has been disabled the whole time.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Please refrain from short posts – use the Like feature instead to show your approval if you have nothing significant to add.

This is awesome!

Now if only we could have a similar look to UI being turned off. :slight_smile:

Much needed. Pretty happy. Maybe we could see similar features for other objects, similar to both this and how StarterGui’s name changes when the UI is hidden.

1 Like

Love this! At first I didn’t notice the difference as I am colorblind. However, I thought something was off and eventually figured it out. Nice work!

1 Like

This already has been so helpful when developing, saves so much time. Can’t wait for more great updates!

Helps a lot when scrolling through 30 scripts and ones disabled

:happy1:

Very helpful when dealing with hundreds of scripts. Thanks!

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Nice! I can make sure the scripts are enabled/disabled without going to the Properties window now. :slight_smile:

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Cool

Except that I have 1 script and 1 localscript so it’s kind of useless for me

2 Likes

Is there any possibility it could be made slightly darker when disabled? I saw this feature was enabled earlier and struggled to tell the difference between two scripts unless I looked closely at them. Ideally I’d like to be able to tell it’s disabled at a glance.

8 Likes