Visual Indicator for Disabled Scripts

Maybe a different indication symbol then? It should be accessible easily to color blind people as well.

9 Likes

Thanks for this feature! Maybe we can implement this into other items in the explorer besides scripts.

I like the feature now we can know if we forgot to enable a script thanks for this feature guys it will become very helpfull!

This is great but can the icon be slightly darker?

I keep having to look twice to make sure its grey and not blue. They are very close.

7 Likes

I kinda use script.Disabled a lot, thanks for implementing this!

Pretty useful, the amount of times iā€™ve been wondering why my script isnā€™t working and i forget to enable it again T_T

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seconding this. Although I honestly donā€™t usually run into problems telling which of my scripts are disabled and not based of use of hierarchy structure, I see no reason they shouldnā€™t be a bit more clear since this is been added. Light-blue and light-gray are very close colors and a more cobble-esque shade might feel more appealing to the eye when it comes to contrast.

Either way Iā€™m really happy to see context based icons being used because I can imagine a handful of use cases that will allow the Studio application to continue provide a more intuitive experience.

1 Like

I also had a hard time distinguishing the black and white icon from the blue script icon. Perhaps a little :no_entry_sign: or something in the corner of each disabled icon would be clearer.

15 Likes

Iā€™m imagining a studio where we have icon variants for:

• disconnected constraints
  • disabled GUI (screen, billboard, surface)
  • disabled lights (spot, surface, point)

Would be really useful.

5 Likes

As a suggestion to improve this feature, can the name be striked out as well? Not nearly enough to not know the name of the script, but to give people with a hard-of-sight an easier indicator.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw this a couple of days and itā€™s truly helpful for testing and debugging. Thank you

I agree with people saying that the difference is not enough. This is an awesome feature, but I wonder if there could be a more drastic difference? Seems a bit more difficult to notice with the dark theme too.

5 Likes

You are right I just dont see the difference that good on pc/laptop but I see it good with mobile I guess it has to do what type of screen you use. On mobile I have an amoled screen maybe that is why I see more colors then on laptop or pc.

There should be a red logo for Team Create when another user is editing the script, the dot next to the script doesnā€™t help that much because they could just be selecting the script and not actually editing it.

Great update, I will finally not have to spend 1 hour figuring out why my script is not working when itā€™s actually disabled.

2 Likes

So many times have I wondered why something was broken, but just to realize it was a disabled scriptā€¦ To make it more clear, what if a paused icon was added on top of the disabled script icons?

How are they disabled?

@Lord_Superbithia
A possible way to do this would be with a colour blind mode (similar to Discordā€™s) where an icon is placed on the icon its self, like this mockup I made

6 Likes

If you set the Disabled property of a Script to true, it will cause it to not run, and with this change causes the icon to become grayed out.

Exactly this! The Silk Icon set already includes a light bulb on/off variant too, so they wouldnā€™t even have to make one. They are very visually distinct too.