Voice chat moderation : Moderation reason needs to be given when banned from voice chat

I’ve contacted and passed this on to countless Roblox employees who have promised to have the right people look into it and yet nothing has happened for months.

Honestly embarrassing how Roblox doesn’t care or listen to a HUGE problem that is affecting a large portion of VC users.

This is one of many examples of the major flaws of Roblox- their lack of transparency, communication, and willingness to listen to critical feedback from developers.

9 Likes

Just got my second false suspension :slight_smile:
It is time to wait 1 another week for genuinely doing nothing prohibited since Roblox support is meaningless :smiley:

7 Likes

I wish they’d make roblox for older audiences at this point, just because they can’t moderate for children anymore…

5 Likes

i’ve just recieved a one day suspension for literally NO reason and i mean it,

no message, no warning and no reason provided as opposed to others’ moderation notes including the phrase ''Due to the violation of our Community Standards, we have temporarily revoked your access to voice chat until XX/XX/XXX", i’ve gotten a completely blank box

i rarely even use voice chat to within games, only to listen to other’s conversations and join in via text, and on the rare occurrence that i do use voice chat to speak to a friend ingame other than using discord, i get suspended.

do keep i mind i keep swearing to an absolute minimum whilst speaking to my friend, let alone having a conversation with other people (only using swears as an expletive attributive)

i’m now strongly discouraged from even using voice chat entirely, i’ll be sticking to other means of voice communication such as discord from now on.

it’s uncanny how easily someone can just make a report and whoop, there goes your vc.

i’ve sent in an appeal and i will edit this post with said outcome.

8 Likes

Appeals support uses copy-pasted responses, you will just have to wait the day, I doubt they will lift the ban. It’s better safe to have voice chat off for the time being until Roblox actually does something (which probably won’t happen).

7 Likes

I can confirm that appeals do not work. You will receive a copy-pasted message assuring you that you did break community guidelines. They won’t tell you why and when you ask they stop responding. It’s a complete joke.

I know staff had to have seen this by now but yet we have received no word. It’s really quite aggravating that nothing is being done about this.

9 Likes

yeah i don’t know what i expected, i was just curious if they’d actually admit fault but that’s yet to be said since they haven’t replied lol

4 Likes

The moderators are taking this as a complete joke and aren’t even looking into this after seeing multiple people here say that they were.

On the topic of moderation, got a ban for uploading

This npc to roblox as private…

If anyone can tell me what’s wrong here I’d love to know, because I’ve seen other people dress like this in actual games…

Moderation has a common trend where they love to ban people for absolutely nothing, even when given DIRECT PROOF, refer to my reply on getting banned and then showing the employee at roblox support a VIDEO OF WHAT I SAID, since they don’t actually seem to log proof. But the actual thing to note here is that YOU CAN GET BANNED, REGARDLESS OF PROOF, they don’t even read the voice clips, look at the screenshots, or watch the videos, you just get banned… which is a direct problem for people who actually did nothing wrong, and have to sit through the appeal process for half a day to get a copy and pasted denial response.

This makes it harder for

Actually legit players - They have to pause development on games and everything since you can’t publish OR save anything when banned. + They have to wait out for the appeal team to actually give them a response, and half of the time it isn’t looked at

The GOOD moderators - They have to look at significantly more appeal requests and have more work to do just because the bad moderators decide to ban someone for absolutely no reason.

When this all gets fixed I want a whole warn/ban rollback, because most of the bans i’ve been getting recently were unfair due to voicechat or development reasons and would’ve normally been warns but are somehow bans now.

7 Likes

The Roblox moderation team is usually just people outsourced from India, which they don’t care at all unless they’re getting paid, they will wait a few days and then respond to you with a pasted response if you’re lucky enough to have the moderator not wait until after you get unbanned. If it was after you got unbanned, they chuck the appeal out the window, telling you that you were unbanned already.

4 Likes

same like bro, im still banned on this account trying to make a boss fight, and i had to pause my whole development just because some random moderator thinks that specific npc I made was bad or something

the game it’s in wasnt even taken down)

4 Likes

I do hope this gets added, i recently got my vc suspended

and if i recall correctly, probably the worst thing i could’ve said during my few minutes before i was banned could’ve been

“ill leave you two alone so you can have some alone time together”

or when i was joking around and calling people “hood thugs” (messing around with people dressed as “ro-gangsters”

either way they need to add something to tell me what i was banned for so i dont have to go emailing support every time

5 Likes

This was recently tweeted by David, I think this just shows how flawed this system is, or will be. It is already clear AI moderation runs into an insane amount of false positives, especially with vc bans.

10 Likes

can someone give me a skull? i know bro did not just tweet that :skull: same people that banned me for speaking more civillized than half of their mod team, remember when the mod team was online dating? couldn’t be me, i’m more mad that im getting banned for talking normally, not even swearing, and stuff like this, this needs to be fixed asap.

7 Likes

I don’t have any other thread to write this in, but I’ve just fallen into the same repetitive trap. Account clean for years until the AI stuff gets dumped like dirty water and we’re just expected to figure out how to breathe.

Pls Donate is the source of the pic (happened maybe 10 mins before posting this), I’ve worked very hard to limit my language (even things YOU CAN TYPE in the chat that doesn’t censor) which doesn’t work anymore. I’m assuming beggars hate-reported me for not feeding into their entitlement which makes me question why I even bother trying to enjoy myself in that game anymore.

I have been terminated for verbally telling a user to leave me alone as they were doing something inappropriate in-game (unsurprisingly, in Pls Donate as well). I’ve been moderated for telling others to stop encouraging players to take their own life (Mic Up). Appealing doesn’t work, taking clips doesn’t work. Everything somehow conveniently falls into Roblox’s hands no matter what you do.

To be honest, given the current class action lawsuit, I feel as though they need to be hit again where it hurts, but that’s just me. The only way they’ll listen to its users is if they’re being threatened by the law. I’ve been pondering the idea of starting my own because this ongoing neglect of every single user on this site has gone too far and so many of my friends have taken hits they never should have. I’m theorizing they’re doing the most to prevent people raking in Robux from using the Devex program but that’s a theory for another day.

For my termination, it should not have taken multiple people pleading on my behalf for Roblox to correct their error (even if it’s always been wrong) to a lighter sentence. I’ve resorted to physically muting my mic so I can still listen to people at times because this system, as everyone else already mentioned, is broken. I shouldn’t have to worry that simply existing within a 3D computer space can result in my account and PC being denied access to visiting the site. Have we exhausted all of our other options? What else can we do to solve this?

17 Likes

The attached screenshot says otherwise, it appears as if your username was flagged as innapropriate when attached to a chat message for some reason. If this ever happens again, you should be able to reset your username by requesting a reset from support afaik, certainly a moderation issue yet it doesn’t appear to be one related to vc.

4 Likes

I agree. Imagine being false reported, getting no reason of ban and you just have to wait to play again. I think GDILIVES / John Roblox got banned on his alt for a day because he got false reported.

5 Likes

The last screenshot is what they adjusted it to. I understand that process but it bugged much like with every other user reporting into this thread. That’s why I included it.

3 Likes

So 3 days ago I was playing PLS DONATE alone donating to people, everything was pretty normal until a notification popped up saying that I was supposedly banned from VC.

(NO REASON GIVEN)

I decided to wait and create a ticket for roblox support but after the 3 days of waiting I didn’t recieve anything from them.
Today, the day that I get unbanned, I played PLS DONATE again but in this case to talk with a few friends using a very friendly language, then this happened:

(AGAIN, NO REASON GIVEN)

This is unacceptable, how is it possible to get banned from VC for 1 week without hurting anyone?? I was just chatting with a few friends + having fun but apparentely I got mass-reported (because this might be the reason) and then got suspended from VC. Probably I have to wait that week because roblox support is useless and they just respond with a copy-pasted message that don’t help.

7 Likes

It’s been almost an entire week – the duration of my VC suspension – and they haven’t responded to me either. This time, however, I explicitly told them to provide a clip of the violating content so that I could review it and lift my moderation if they failed to provide it.

Are they straight-up ignoring us now? Do we get pushed down the list of appeals due to how many “violations” we’ve had on our accounts? I’ll say what I said previously: Do we need to hit them where it hurts for them to finally listen?

“We are here to help and improve the moderation process.”…“We appreciate your patience and will be responding to you soon.”…

They got rid of the regular forums because they didn’t want to monitor them anymore. Why don’t they cut themselves some slack and do the same with everything else…

7 Likes

I just had the exact same happen to me, I was playing and all of a sudden I was suspended for no reason, I didn’t even say anything that violated the guidelines, and yet I cannot see why or what ‘got’ me banned.

7 Likes