Voice chat moderation : Moderation reason needs to be given when banned from voice chat

I’ve found videos of people asking people in servers to mass report them just to see how bad it really is.

Here’s one of them: Getting FALSELY BANNED on Roblox Voice Chat (Experiment) - YouTube

One thing I’d like to test is to see if you can get banned even if you dont turn voice chat on, but people still mass report you.

10 Likes

Fun fact: Even if you give VIDEO PROOF to the roblox staff team… Ahem…

They just pick and choose who they want to appeal and who they don’t appeal. It’s honestly quite sad that even though you recieve false moderation action, and literally SHOVE PROOF IN THEIR FACE, you’ll get a

“Users cannot be false reported” response from their copypasta database…

And to justify it, they’ll probably use the line:

Moderators review each report to check for rule violations. Sending in a report does not mean the reported user will automatically be suspended; it means one of our moderators will look at the report and decide on the proper response. In other words, even if someone is reported, as long as the person is not breaking the rules their account will not be moderated.

9 Likes

Well said, it is quite upsetting that they don’t review anything and leave it up to automatic. I’d rather have nothing be moderated than to be vulnerable to ROBLOX BANS (I was banned for 3 days) - you can mute people for a reason!

3 Likes

I wish roblox staff would follow up on this post.
This has been going on for over a month now, and it’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

can we get any kind of response to this?
I have been falsely banned due to VC multiple times and it has negatively impacted my workflow with the development of my game, it’s genuinely strange how there have been no follow-ups on this.

4 Likes

This is something that is hurting my game Neighbors 🔊 [Voice Chat & Mic Up] - Roblox significantly. A lot of people are getting VC banned almost randomly at this point. From what I understand, a lot of these reports come from a small number of people who decide to mass-report people in a server for whatever weird reason.

Really hope something is done about this.

Update: One of the devs got reported in the game and banned LOL.

11 Likes

Yeah its completely out of control. I have done everything I can to get the attention of staff and yet this issue hasn’t been addressed or even acknowledged by Roblox.

This has been an issue for over a month and yet Roblox refuses to do or say anything.

2 Likes

While I was having a casual conversation which lasted for 30 minutes, I instantly got my voicechat suspended for 1 WEEK which is ridiculous. Just imagine people getting blocked for 1 week for doing nothing (I assume that it was caused due to mass reports).

Obviously, there was no exact reason of what I have committed and right after I managed to appeal I instantly got rejected without any reason given. Looks like the current moderation is not trying to assist, they are more likely trying to get rid of according to what I have experienced.

Here is the answer I got :slight_smile:

I really hope they manage to fix the issue since it is supposed to be as one of the most significant concerns.

15 Likes

Roblox does say they record the Voice Chat, but do they really? Is it just a scare tactic?

How would they store all this incoming data into their servers? There would be insanely high traffic of the thousands of people simultaneously using it.
And moderation bots… detecting all peoples accents there would be tons of false flags, they can’t effectively detect innapropriate clothing anyway let alone a feature like that.

Maybe I’m wrong with how the entire system works, just a theory.

6 Likes

Still an issue.
Suspended again.
Cycle continues.

3 Likes

I imagine it is cached and is removed after a few days. If reported, maybe it stays for a week. Just a guess!

2 Likes

If mass reports did not actually work, then why would they add this paragraph to the TOS?

I reckon that mass reports do work since they justify them as “punishable”, but unfortunately I have not witnessed a single case where the moderation actually managed to punish instead of rejecting.
Furthermore, there are many videos where we can observe people getting their voice chat suspended for asking various players to report them and subsequently no action is taken.

I doubt that distinguishing false reports from relevant ones is actually that arduous or such a slog. They surely have to ponder possible solutions in order to decrease amount of false reports since the issue is quite relevant and has been happening for 2 months already.

10 Likes

This was likely added to ToS so Roblox would have the ability to ban those who bot reports and stall the Roblox reports system, not necessarily an admittance of accepting all mass-reports of a user.

4 Likes

Undoubtedly, bots are also prohibited, but it affects both false reports from players and false reports that are caused by bots since they are made falsely. There are no exact references whether it has to be a bot spam or a player.

5 Likes

This is my second VC ban, and it’s for 3 days.
I was just vibing and being goofy with friends. We were talking about using HTML text formatting to modify the booths, STRICTLY not cursing to avoid another ban.
So much for that…

13 Likes

Someone in the same server that I was talking to just sent me this.
Another false report VC suspension…

8 Likes

It’s sad because even if you provide them with CLEAR video proof, they provide to you that their eyes are CLEAR. (they dont look at the video proof) it’s like they have some sort of incentive to ban people…

10 Likes

Did a quick poll to get an idea of how many people have been VC banned in my game. Turns out it’s a lot (about 1/3). Obviously, some of these are probably deserved but the vast majority are not. It’s a real problem and the lack of transparency is concerning.

I was also DM’d by some content creators saying that they’re unable to create any real VC-related content anymore because they’re targeted by mass reports that get their voice chat revoked.

11 Likes

I saw that post, I only downvoted cause It wasn’t on Neighbors, but mic up. those numbers are probably off a little, either way really scary. roblox needs to address this.

6 Likes

We love how this still hasn’t been addressed, joke of a website.

7 Likes