Voice chat moderation : Moderation reason needs to be given when banned from voice chat

Hey everyone, ever since there was an update, has people gotten vc suspended ever since that update for no reason?

1 Like

“Where’s your proof that I violated the rules”

1 Like

Check this out.

The issue still persists even after the update, I believe.

1 Like

got vc banned once again, mainly due to the fact that the other people i was fighting spam reported me because i had beat them
i cant wait to need to wait a near month to get a reponse to my report

1 Like

Every time I submitted an appeal I usually got a response within an hour or two. I’m not sure if that changed (my last ban was like two months ago lol)

or maybe they prioritize appeals for users with Premium subscription? :s

I had premium for i think my previous 2 vc bans and it still took the same amount of time (around a month) for a response
but maybe i didnt and they do prioritize premium users

2 Likes

Strange, this time they ban you for a day instead.
What about when the screen appears and removes ur VC in-game for violating “TOS”?

This actually used to happen before too. Your VC also gets banned throughout your account ban and can last longer than the account ban itself. For example, my account was banned for a day on my second VC ban, but the voice chat ban lasted 3 days.

Not pointing any fingers buuutttttt

i dont think they’ll get to my appeal on time before the ban itself wears off (pretty sure it goes no higher than 1 week)

2 Likes

ill be dammed, they didnt appeal me but just gave me the basic response. ill take it though since they have removed the date when you get unbanned on vc bans

not sure why

It also seems that you do not get automatically banned if you never use your mic. However if your mic is on, even if your not speaking and no noise is coming through at all, you can get banned.

2 Likes

For the voice chat moderation issue, here is one example of a statement made by Roblox support that argues against this particular topic. According to this image, moderation is never wrong or faulty and all reports with given action are justified.

Creating a support ticket usually ends up on the user receiving a copy-paste response, and that’s proven by every single ticket publicly shared. You can provide strong evidence prior to the suspension, and Roblox support will still tell you that you were wrong without giving any context.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s such a joke. I like how they confidently state that you cannot be falsely reported but that literally has been happening to all of us. It’s clear that reporting instantly VC bans if you had your mic on at all.

It’s pretty funny that the email you got is an exact word for word copy.

3 Likes

Yeah, AI and “extreme cost efficiency” leads to barely useable results. Good AI requires a considerable budget to run and maintain

The system in its current form does not work. It’s ridiculous that you can get banned for 3-7 days from voice chat with no reason given despite doing nothing wrong. One moment you’re having a conversation with someone in a private area of a map and the next you’re banned.

Using voice chat is basically a risk at this point. I’ve been banned, again!

1 Like

i can say this is true
i didnt even say anything bad but i guess i was “bullying or harassing” people

im tired of this stupid AI detection, it bans people for any reason
Im sure if you just go in a public vc game and report everyone about atleast 2/3’s of everyone would get vc banned

No point on even trying to appeal, because it either takes forever for them to get back, or they just use the same copy pasted “you’ve been banned for x rule” which tells you nothing

2 Likes

I spoke with the moderation team, there is no AI moderation. Voice chat is either automated based on how many people report you, or it’s human moderators not moderating correctly.

1 Like

Don’t know who at Roblox thought this would be a good idea. It sounds perfect in an ideal world, but in practice it’s just abused by bad actors to get people banned for no reason.

2 Likes

id like to change my mind on this

They recently have been getting back to me alot faster, first it only took 5 days and now it only took 21 hours (a great improvement from a month id say)

Althought with this
recently they have been getting back faster and ive just recently got a message back

they say ive been moderated for “profanity”, no real evidence of it even though i asked for it. (wasnt really expecting to get evidence)

but id also like to look at the part where they said that the moderation action has already expired.

it is most definitely not expired

id say i got a little closer to a reason why i was banned, but profanity is still very vague in my opinion. only if they would give the audio log or however they log it back to me so i could try and clear my name

1 Like

Ofcourse it is,even at the end ban recording should be provided or else I’ve got crazy thinking about the 7 day ban I got off talking Turkish for few seconds (don’t remember saying even a swear word in Turkish my idea is that roblox checking everybodys voicechat when someone reported like I reported someone playing inappopriate audio or off profanity and banned myself) then getting banned said Misusing Roblox Systems.Gonna disable this stupid thing after I reactivate.

1 Like