Voice Chat without an ID?

Hello!

I’ve been a Roblox player for over 2 years now, but I haven’t gotten voice chat. My account is 13+ and it has an Email, a phone number , I use 2FA via the Google Authenticator app and I also do have a microphone set up, I really don’t wanna use an ID for this, I heard many people say it’s out of beta or showing different methods on how to get it. So I’m wondering do any of you know any working Methods on how to get it Without ID?

8 Likes

This feature is only available in a few selected countries such as: US, CA, UK, AU, NZ, ES, MX, CL, CR, PR.

more info here: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405807645972-Chat-with-Voice

7 Likes

Am in one of these country like AU

4 Likes

In that case you probably weren’t selected to have this feature yet. There is not really much you can do as pretty much none of us know how or when Roblox selects specific users.

2 Likes

But most people ik have it but why not me.

5 Likes

Kinda weird that this is a clone of this topic

As far as I know, you just have to have an ID. Might not be available to all either I think it’s still in beta like some are saying

4 Likes

sorry mate i did that because am not good at english but can understand

4 Likes

Like I said previously, there is not really a way for me nor you to know why you don’t have this feature. Chat with voice is still a beta feature so it is expected that some users don’t have it.

5 Likes

can u still do the opt thingy? the thing people did

4 Likes

There never was a feature to opt-in / -out for voice chat. Roblox did that automatically for the users.

5 Likes

Hi there.
It’s Roblox policy that you must have a valid and genuine governmental ID such as your drivers license, passport or residency card.

Roblox does this for safety and security reasons. Includes joining experiences that are rated 17+.
I know if you already knew about it but I want to make sure you understand.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to use voice chat without an ID.

5 Likes

I have gotten VC randomly and didn’t need to verify my ID, and it is still in beta as it still says it in-game but it seems like they are making it go more public.

5 Likes

Going into the link sent by russianaudi explains your question, but I’ll break it down a bit more:

• If you’re 13+ in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, or Puerto Rico, and you have a verified phone number attached to your account you should automatically have access to voice chat, no ID required.

• If you aren’t in these countries, you must verify government ID.

Once meeting the requirements of either option, go to the Privacy Tab in your account settings, and enable voice chat there.

This reply is ultimately easily accessible knowledge, but for whatever reason a lot of people just straight up don’t go through links when they have the same issue, may as well have an answer here

7 Likes

You need 13+ and is only for selected countries?

Roblox should open this to more public,
No one would move to somewhere else just for VC in Roblox.

2 Likes

Due to legal issues you really should use your ID to verify your age, at the end of the day ROBLOX uses a safe application to verify your age.

3 Likes

No, I’m able to use it without verifying my ID because I live in a supported country.

3 Likes

Same here I’m not ID verified and I can use voice chat with only a phone number

4 Likes

You need to be 13+ regardless for voice chat. That’s been clear form the beginning.

You’re right, instead you can verify government ID. Which has also been clear from the beginning. Voice chat without an ID was introduced later, and to the previously mentioned countries.

1 Like

I am in Australia phone verified and i dont have voice chat which is not fair plus my friends have voice chat i cannt trust roblox with my personl deatiles

1 Like

Is your account 13+? Maybe your account country is detected as something else, or more likely it’s just Roblox being Roblox and despite what their help pages say not everyone has it.

1 Like