Voice integration to Roblox with apple shortcuts and siri commands

Hello, so basically I’ve been a little bored lately and I was thinking of stuff to do. So I got thinking when I remembered there being a google mini controlled server which I thought was cool and wanted to try out but as it’s already been done I thought what’s the best alternative that is built in and always near, a iPhone, there is a Apple app called shortcuts, which allows you to have custom Siri commands and easily do automation so I thought why not do something a little more practical and better use cases than a google mini that isn’t portable and around as often as a mobile. The disco is just a example that this exist and you can have many possibilities with it.

With Apple’s shortcuts it also accepts more input than just “Enable Disco Mode”, you could have a variable in there such as a players name or a part name so like “Kick PLAYERSNAME” so there a so many things you could do with this.

This isn’t a educational post, it’s just a little heads up that there is cool stuff you can do with HttpService and web development in general that’ll make your life easier or to flex your friends and fellow developers on Roblox.

How it works:

• I have a API, serving a static on.json file which just contains {"on":false}, it has 3 endpoints: on, off and read (for Roblox to check if it should be on or off)

• I then have 2 shortcuts on my phone labeled “Enable Disco Mode” and “Disable Disco Mode”, when “Enable Disco Mode” is activated it will send a request to the on endpoint in my API that’ll then change the on.json to {"on":true} and when “Disable Disco Mode” is activated it will do the exact same thing except send it to the off endpoint and change to {"on":false}. pretty simple, right?

• And finally I have a server script running in my game that’ll send a GET request to my read endpoint (The one containing whether the light should be on or off) every second, so that as soon as it’s changed on the server it will change in game.

If you have a little bit of experience in web development or Node JS this should be easy for you to try yourself and build something way cooler than mine :sad:

The result:

The source code: https://repl.it/@metalive/Roblox-siri

Please reply with idea’s for this, I’d love to hear them

– metalive :heart:

22 Likes

This is sick, I was planning on doing something like this but you beat me!!

Looks like i got some catching up to do.

It looks great. I wonder if i can do this on Android!

2 Likes

Reminds me of this:

4 Likes

cough Piss off a player, i did that once with a discord bot to roblox game, It made them go disco mode and they rage quit

But I wonder if i could do this on my Iphone 5c (since my other iphone is in the shop). or even my samsung s4

Anything with voice assistant would work I guess. Maybe something a little more benefiting would be good, for example I notice you’re into group bots and ranking so maybe a command that’ll change a players rank in group as roblox don’t support that on mobile or a command that’ll make a group shout, basically anything that would come in handy when managing a group, who knows, it could be the cool thing on roblox, replacing discord ranking bots. If you open l sourced it, I’d use it for sure.

I really would do this, but I use my iphone 5 daily, bearly use my iphone 6, But if you wanna team up and help (on the ios side) id do the backend.
just message me on discord.

BillyH

It would be a pleasure, the iOS side is rather simple because it’s all just user interface but if you supply the endpoints I’ll have them interfacing and use my slightly better device.

This is amazing.
I think, I’ll do something similiar with Amazon Echo.

I’m not trying to steal the limelight from OP, but I did release a thread a while back on a helpful service for ideas like this.

1 Like