VR Updates: OpenXR, Height Scaling and Floor Tracking

I use Windows Mixed Reality and im still unable to keep playing VR games on roblox. When will this be fixed? (My headset is detected as a different one)

1 Like

sadly im still having this problem

2 Likes

i can finally make vr games, Thanks Roblox!

2 Likes

This issue still hasn’t fixed itself. This has been occuring since June and has made VR development impossible unless you have an Oculus headset, which is much less practical than using a SteamVR headset for Roblox development due to reasons irrelevant to this post. This is not a small deal and I can’t believe it’s still happening after essentially 3 months, completely halting development for any VR developers using a SteamVR headset.

6 Likes

As of October 14th this is still happening, and is actively impeding my ability to work on my VR project. This is unacceptable that not only is this happening at all but that it has been happening for about 5 to 6 months now. I really hope they fix this bug because I would really like to make a VR project.

1 Like

When developing on my Meta Quest 2 using Steam VR with Virtual Desktop, I consistently run into this problem with OpenXR. This error completely soft locks my play testing, requiring me to constantly re-open Roblox Studio. It has made any form of VR development I want to do incredibly painful and demotivating.

I understand it was said that this was unsupported in another post, but I have absolutely no other way of developing. I am unable to use air link as I do not have a good enough connection to my router, and I do not have any USB 3 or USB C ports on my computer to manually link.

It was also mentioned that this exact error was being actively worked on back in July, 3 months ago.

RobloxStudioBeta_78rQ5D9OSp

1 Like

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately, I don’t know about any updates to the OpenXR issue, but have you considered developing natively on the Quest 2? My current development flow is to publish to a private place and open it on the Quest app whenever I need to test in VR. It’s not perfect, but we are actively working on improving the VR development flow.

2 Likes

This is currently happening to anyone using Steam VR I believe.
I got a headset to develop with and the next day you guys released this VR update which also introduced this bug.

Haven’t been able to do anything Roblox related with it at all because this bug makes it far too time consuming to be viable.
A fix was promised ages ago but not too surprisingly nothing has been done.

3 Likes

Thank you for the solution, that is something I am able to do. It is a little more tedious to debug client/server issues but that’s better than not being able to playtest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The same happens to me with my Pico 4. The first time I playtest it works flawlessly, but stopping and restarting the playtest causes this error.

At first I thought it has something to do with SteamVR 2.0 but reading the bug reports suggest it’s an error on Roblox’s side. Hopefully we’ll see a fix or at least a workaround for people that have to rely on SteamVR soon.

4 Likes

I’m still having this issue, how is this still a problem? Has ANYONE fixed this?

1 Like

Still having this issue, i have Pico 4 and this issue happens for no reason, i just start the game in studio and it only works perfectly for the first time, the second time it gives this error, i tried everything i could but it still does that.

1 Like

still having this issue (as of december 11), this error also happens on steam link for quest. still surprised this hasn’t been fixed for almost half a year

1 Like

Late, but does anyone have a fix now? It’s nearing christmas, a nice present would be a fix for this.

4 Likes

The issue is still present. Development is really really difficult thanks to this error causing me to need to restart studio every time I want to test.

Yes this issue is still present, I really wanted to change over to VR development but realized it’s not even viable on Roblox and I doubt it will be any time within the next few years at this rate.

1 Like

Update: It appears this problem seems resolved as I no longer have OpenXR errors the second time I press play in studio. (Valve Index)

2 Likes

ROBLOX will probably never go on the vision pro, even if it is who is gonna buy the apple vision pro - its too expensive and no controllers

To be real, this is solely dependant on if the Vision Pro will get regular upkeep, maintenance, newer model releases that are less expensive. To be honest, it’s completely reasonable that the “Pro” assumes “premium product of the line” like Apple’s iPhone 11 Pro which is a premium product to the iPhone 11. So, what if we wait for an “Apple Vision?”

1 Like

Update: There seems to be an error with the core scripts whenever I run a fresh baseplate. Using Valve Index, however functionality does not seem to be compromised despite the visual of an error.

1 Like