War Of Worlds DevLog #5 - The Infraction War Machine

It has been quite a long time since the last update. :wave: Sorry about that. :slightly_frowning_face: The reason why is because I took up some work experience so I wasn’t really able to work for a full week on the project. However, I did manage to get some work done.

Here is a short clip

As you can see. I basically copied the entire code block and got it to work with the game.

I think I have to spend more time working on this and the Vindict controller before testing it. However, I think this game concept of controlling an army is quite promising.

In the game I will be adding the added ability to use 2 different weapons with the added ability to create structures and/or drive and use vehicles.

I am not entirely sure how to go about doing this. Humanoid are very laggy so please be patient as I try to implement a new solution.

TuVzJ9xuzJ

Finally I have been promising for a long time about a test that I am planning to do. However, I think for now I might delay the test until I completely finish the Infraction Controller due to the fact that the game simply is not finished yet. I did implement a PvP system however there are still many bugs to fix.

Hopefully I will be able to address them in the next DevLog

Some improvements I plan to make:

• I want to be less reliant on Humanoids. Preferably I want to have no Humanoids in my game at all. However This is a challenge as I do not know how to make a proper custom character movement and I do not know how to play animations without them either.
  • I want to also have a smooth camera. I would like the cameras on all the factions to be smooth. I love smooth cameras however this will be a pain to make.
  • I want to increase the number of “Agents” that you are controlling. I want more than just 8 I want 32! Of course 32 * 10 is 320. and I do not think having 320 humanoids will be a good idea.
Some extra lore

Infractions are the militaristic faction. They rose from the ashes of the former corrupt government and decided to have the government controlled by the military.

Their technology is a couple of decades in the future of our technology right now.

Once the government got into power they subdued the entire planet they were living on. However, after a couple of months they soon discovered a new material LUNGURIUM…

As always se you in the next DevLog

Previous devlog:War Of Worlds DevLog #4.1 - Skeuomorphic HUD and Plasma Accelerator

If you have any suggestions please feel free to PM me. :smiley:

Try using the animator object, I’m pretty sure you don’t need a humanoid to use it

1 Like

This is super cool u gotta make a tutorial on how to make this!