We’re Hiring - Come Join Us at Roblox!

Hi Creators!

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work for Roblox? Do you have ideas on how Roblox can improve and innovate? Then, we have the program for you!

This year, we’re launching our official Community Apprenticeship - Software Engineer program at Roblox, and we want you to apply. This is a 12-week paid opportunity starting in June 2024, located in San Mateo, CA. As a community apprentice, you’ll work with high impact teams that are focused on improving the Roblox Engine, while receiving first-class mentorship from our Roblox engineers and leaders.

Who is eligible?

• Excited about building both Lua-based libraries and foundational layers as well as user interfaces
  • Passionate about contributing to the Roblox development community
  • Proficient with Lua and Roblox experience development
  • Ready to learn from working hands-on alongside some of the best software engineers in the industry
  • At least 18-years old and in good standing with our community rules

You’ll also have access to these amazing benefits!

• $10,000 Housing Stipend
  • Paid lunches & unlimited snacks and drinks
  • Free CalTrain Go Pass for ease of travel to and from the office
  • Free premium gym on campus
  • On-campus Event Programming, including social events, fireside chats with C-level execs, networking opportunities
  • 3 lines of support: manager, mentor & recruiter

Applications are now open and will close on Tuesday March 12, 2024 at 5 PM PST. We recommend you apply quickly as positions are limited for our inaugural program. Check out the Community Apprenticeship page for more information about the role and opportunity!

We look forward to your application, and we can’t wait to build with you soon!

Apply here today.

181 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 9 minutes.

looks exciting, good luck to all applicants

28 Likes

Definitely loving the more community oriented development focus that Roblox is taking, with things like Luau, open sourcing libraries, and now this program! Gl to all who apply and keep up the work Roblox!

21 Likes

It’s incredibly exciting to see that Roblox is more willing to bring in community voices to work on critical parts of the platform. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

It’s a shame that H1-B visa dependents are not supported. I would really like to apply, however I’m not from the US.

16 Likes

Did more spots open or did people quit?

15 Likes

This looks like a new program.

15 Likes

This is likely private information they won’t give out.

Unfortunately, I am not 18 yet. It’s going to be fun to see what new employees are going to help out with!

17 Likes

At least I have a incredible idea for a roblox game, do I go for it?
thank god this post gave me a idea.

9 Likes

I meet every requirement! Except the first one. I also don’t like San Francisco because…Crime.

8 Likes

San Mateo isn’t San Francisco… the bay area is a big place!

21 Likes

I meet every requeriment! Except the last one. I also think last one is obvious, but the most neccessary to put there.

(because a thing i won’t say because then this message will get legally terminated.)
(and because a thing i also won’t say because :skull:)

4 Likes

I would love to apply, but unfortunately relocating is a quite bit of an obstacle, I am not really comfortable with that. Also, what’s “behavioral interview” about?

8 Likes

Good for you :smiley:
But I wouldn’t work on roblox hq lol :neutral_face:

Also, when does @system edit your replies to remove quotes?

4 Likes

As this is not officially an “internship”, would participants still be eligible to receive the Black Iron Domino Crown of Interns, which has traditionally been given for Roblox Internships, Accelerators, and Incubators?

8 Likes

I meet all requirements, but I’m not sure about applying from Canada since i have no passport to enter the US, maybe there’s a remote I could do?

4 Likes

Is there any internships/programs Roblox has for users under 18?

4 Likes

According to the provided FAQ: “Apprentices will be expected to come into Roblox HQ in San Mateo, CA on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays during the 12 week period.”, therefore, based on this information, you will need to show up at Roblox HQ at least 3 times a week.

5 Likes

(San Mateo is on the San Francisco peninsula, so it’s close enough)

4 Likes