We’re updating Heads!

i was playing a game until I realized that i had the dynamic variant of the :] face forced applied onto me?? really?? after some looking around i saw that the original face was put offsale. you often say that your are powering imagination and giving players the tools to express themselves how they want while at the same time forcing changes onto players that they did not agree with. please dont force changes like this

9 Likes

This is a stupid update, I get the whole “innovate and impress billionaires” thing but did you really have to enforce it? The platform is slowly losing its shape that it once had. Roblox is slowly gonna become indistinguishable from any other existing game, its losing its originality.

So what’s next? You’re gonna force us to use rthro? Great job Roblox…

8 Likes

my go-to avatar looks like a creep now.

please, i beg of you, update the chill face to be presentable. i don’t care that it doesn’t look the same, just make it so my avatar doesn’t look like… THIS.

5 Likes

Question; if you own the animated face, but not the original face, would there then be the possibility to revert back to the static version of that face? I would really like an answer to this!

3 Likes

Looks a lot better but still looks off with some parts such as the cheeks.

1 Like

Hello, sorry about that, those messages were supposed to be suppressed on production but an additional flag needed to be updated. You should now no longer see them if you re-enable camera. Please let us know if you run into any other issues. Thank you for trying this feature!

That does NOT LOOK CHILL at all. Looks like a bored person trying to grin while trying to make a sign that they’re being held hostage.

6 Likes

Interesting… Roblox admins are more responsive to a single dev having technical issues than a thousand people’s outrage…

11 Likes

This is kind of unrelated entirely. It takes a majority-if-not-all of the developers on the project to discuss and create a reply to the community, which they don’t even have to do. It would be great to get one, but it is not something that they’re focused on.

Bugs and issues relating to a system they’re doubling down on will always take priority and do not require a whole team to assess and handle. That’s likely why they have responded to a technical issue. I understand the outrage but common courtesy should be given to staff replying to this right now.

Oh my god… The forcing process has begun.
has anybody else’s avatar’s outfit faces been updating random and the faces changing to dynamic BY FORCE?

I’m nearly this close to moving to Unreal Engine. You guys are outrageous.

Edit: what

8 Likes

The cope in replacing all of my saved outfits with their animated versions without my consent. It’s almost like they’re trying their hardest to make all of them as cringy and unappealing as possible, while removing their original versions, despite them being infinitely better.

4 Likes

Not sure if y’all actually listened to this but I managed to make over 100 outfits - double the previous limit of 50! There is (probably) a bug that shows my old outfits as R15 characters but they are R6, hopefully that could get fixed. Is Roblox actually listening? :thinking:

none of those fit my non-fursona avatars.
also i never consented changing my costumes and everything.

EDIT: They forced it TWICE IN A ROW it seems. I might be wrong and its because I didn’t save my costumed, but is roblox really this desperate?

7 Likes

Stevie Standard infection but they coming after other faces now too.

1 Like

Supposedly according to the leaked docs last year, the next avatar update after dynamic heads is the removal of R6, so I wouldn’t count on it

2 Likes

Still haven’t gotten the camera feature yet. When will it come so I can test it out…Only once.

This misses the point of what people used the classic avatars for

They do not want moving faces, they want a static one, when will you read the room here

I’m sorry for going off the handle but at this point one of your product team has to realise, the majority of users on Roblox don’t want this stuff, it looks uncanny and it doesn’t fit.

Considering that I tend to be generally supporting of avatar changes, this shifts when you try to force it on people, as much as I was critical of Rthro for being out of place, its not on the same level as this because it wasn’t forced.

Dynamic faces are a cool technology, and people have the full right to use them, but people should have the choice to continue with the original faces and not use the dynamic variants. Is it that hard to continue supporting the original Head mesh and Face decal?

9 Likes

Hey would you stop applying dynamic faces to my saved outfits without my consent. Thanks!

1 Like

What? it appears to be the same thing for the winning/million-dollar smile.

Edit: I decided to delete the other portion of this reply since I felt it was way too harsh.

Dynamic heads are good, but these current ROBLOX produced remakes aren’t, I’m pleased to see UGC content come in that looks so much better.

I’m also pleased to see Stevie standard get updated to looking more faithful to the original smile.

11 Likes

I appreciate the option of being able to at least switch your face to the classic variant, but why the absolute HELL are you charging so much more robux for these new faces?

So not only are you smearing all the classic faces into this creepy IMVU crap, you’re charging extra robux for something that was never supposed to be that expensive in the first place???

9 Likes