We’re updating Heads!

I’m implying that Roblox dynamic heads reflect the feelings of people in this thread.

2 Likes

Roblox pushing Stevie Standard onto every account was bad enough, but now removing old faces from sale just to remake them with Dynamic Head features and possibly make them more expensive is ridiculous. Also, the face tracking being announced right after Roblox had 2 (minor) data breaches feels like bad timing.

4 Likes

idk about you guys but seeing faces blinking is creepy enough

2 Likes

Facial expressions your avatar will have are based on the head you have (judging by their current implementation being like this). So to change your expression you need to equip a head that has that expression

3 Likes

That is just a downgrade compared to the classic faces. They work on EVERY head shape meanwhile dynamic heads don’t. The positioning isn’t even correct either, such as stevie standard. What were they thinking?

5 Likes

The faces that have already been converted to Dynamic Heads went offsale, including classics like Chill, Freckles, Check It and that grin one i forgot the name of. They also took the (insanely popular) winning smile offsale.

They force you to either use the dynamic head or use nothing in this case.

They also forced Stevie Standard on older accounts, including that of Erik Cassel.

4 Likes

I’m more worried about the privacy going forward and the taxxing of performance, will this remain optional? Can this be disabled per experience? How can we ensure that it isn’t costy on performance?

I’d love a bit more than just “We’re slowly switching towards Dynamic Heads!”, as some of us seriously have some concerns.

4 Likes

the reply has more likes than the original post. speaks for itself. I agree with DarkPixlz as well. Updates should be improvements not forced mandates seeing how a youtuber named konekokitten uploaded a video explaining all the original faces went off sale right after this was released, this is just another way to try and FORCE the roblox community into doing something. good luck. You’ll see more and more people leaving the platform now im sure.

9 Likes

You can literally just strap away roblox’s permissions to your camera.

3 Likes

Don’t ask for miracles. They won’t happen.

1 Like

Sure for mobile devices, but laptops with selfie camera’s? Does Windows induct a privacy option for that specifically or will we have an option within Roblox itself???

1 Like

Yes of course! literally.

3 Likes

Then that’s at least cleared for me, shouldn’t overshadow the additional other potential issues though. I see this more as a negative approach rather than positive and would love to see some more input from Roblox

3 Likes

me when in a lying competition and my opponent is ROBLOX

it’s upsetting but no form of feedback apart from actual feedback on the mechanic will be taken, nobody in the community genuinely thinks this idea is worth anything and it’s just yet another update that feels incredibly shallow when other things can be worked on instead of this.

4 Likes

I’d highly suggest more effort being put into a response based on our criticisms and critiques.

1 Like

The fact that they’re just casually deleting replies, without saying a word really shows what kind off path roblox is taking right now. Great going product team.
So much for wanting feedback.

6 Likes

True, I dont even know what’s going on anymore.

3 Likes

nah look who sends the auto message…a nd it is auto unless ou wanna explain how 1 guy types 100+ 300 word messages in 2 minutes

2 Likes

I hope you realize there will probably not be a response for a least 1 day or 2 since the PR team has to come up with what they see as the best way to damage control

2 Likes

It’s not about motion-tracking, nobody cared for that, at least for privacy concerns, it’s about classic faces being more costy and worse. Please just read the whole thread without cherry picking.
Also yes it is forced, users are being forced to use dynamic heads by a force-change without notice.

5 Likes