We’re updating Heads!

roblox try to make a good update challenge (impossible)

6 Likes

It’s important for users to have choice on what to do with their avatars, but Roblox is trying to push dynamic heads which don’t fit well with accessories sometimes (mostly face accessories).

I think dynamic heads are pretty cool, but being forced onto users is a bad idea on a platform about being whoever you want, and not to mention the removal of some classic faces which tons of Roblox users use for their avatars.

4 Likes

i don’t think you get what r6/r15 is. its just a character rig. r6 states that there is 6 limbs usable by the dev. also there are no games “exclusive” to either rig type, its just a developers choice

3 Likes

Anyways, the only thing I understand is that Roblox tries it best to make their game more “Modern” or smt like despite everyone saying “no”, they are killing what’s left of roblox, it’s not going for a young audience anymore

3 Likes

Can someone actually try out the camera feature thingy? I’ve not seen a video on it here yet.

3 Likes

Be anything, build anything”

This explains a bunch of my 2011-13 alts with the new head. Another useless update where you could’ve just grant users with free dynamic heads and let them choose.

3 Likes

This is cool and all, and I support this change, and the only request is that they take all the old faces, and turn those into heads. I really happen to like my face.

2 Likes

I Recommend they just put the old faces back onsale, it would stop all this chaos
even if they remake them as dynamic heads they wont be the same and roblox tends to overprice this awful stuff.

2 Likes

We’ve hit 500!
Edit: now we’re 5 under

This /\

I don’t understand why they didn’t tell us, especially if ALL of them are going off sale.
Thanks for telling us we can go back to unanimated heads, but we need an answer as to what the benefit is for (eventually) not letting people buy any classic face anymore.

2 Likes

Man idk how this is change is gonna go down. Honestly I’ve been repping the Stevie Standard head ever since it got released later last month I think. (shrugs) It looks to me like it would just get the classic pants and classic shirt treatment. (really hopefully)

3 Likes

Wait there all going offsale? its already bad enough… if so maybe our time on roblox has come to an unfortunate close.

2 Likes

Here’s a post with the replies:

View the replies of that post.

“Everyone is different”

2 Likes

I don’t know if all of them will be off sale but many of the popular ones are now. We’ll have to wait and see.

3 Likes

Yeah… I don’t think i’ll be touching dynamic heads with a 10 foot pole for that reason anytime soon. They are an absolute pain to create + they are inferior customization-wise compared to original counterparts. What were you guys on while making up this “amazing” idea? They aren’t even perfect replacements of the original faces, it’s just like you swap something that isn’t broken whatsoever with a cheap knockoff that just works worse.

Speaking of avatars, i’d rather prefer an option to have my custom UGC avatar bundle im currently working on to have a 2D face instead of a dynamic head. It just looks creepy.

4 Likes

This is so bad for avatar customization, we now have to buy overpriced junk that costs so much more.
Its not smart for roblox and honestly this update is the worst we have seen in a while.
The heads dont even work with accessorys and when we go into things like the prices and poor choices its not good.

5 Likes

I can’t seem to find an option to change the face expression in the avatar editor.

I don’t think majority of people want their avatars having this by default:
Will there be a way to change the face to not frown in the editor?

7 Likes

Yes. Simply click on the green selected dynamic head face and it smiles again!

2 Likes

This is what also pushes me away from dynamic faces. It just makes your avatar look like it has given up on it’s own life.

2 Likes

Probably because it has. Roblox isn’t the same as it was.

1 Like

so what are you implying here then

1 Like