We’re updating Heads!

It is just Roblox ignoring it’s community again. Nothing unexpected so don’t worry.

1 Like

I received this yet i still own all classic faces i previously owned. Unsure if this is an unrelated item being deleted, or they’re refunding the paid faces so people can buy the dynamic version (which I’m not too sure about).

I can understand the new dynamic faces, I can understand that they want to force you to put them on, but we all agree that there is no need to make the old faces off sale…

1 Like

You’ll get a lot of pushback making changes to old content but I’m sure you’re all aware of this at Roblox. Still, from a professional developer that’s become really interested in the platform since you started ageing it up and adding more advanced features – I’d like to say that these newer features are great and really make Roblox look like a platform worth developing on for people like me.

There are a lot of negative comments whenever something is changed or added to this platform and some of it is definitely valid, however, other times I feel like nostalgia might be keeping the young audience from seeing the potential of the platform as it advances. I’ve worked for one of Roblox’s partner studios as a tech lead and I can tell you that for professionals working in this space, there’s a real buzz whenever something new is added as we try to work out how we can implement new features in our games/experiences.

I don’t think this is a good idea considering all the unresolved privacy breaches over the years. Please, update your security and optimize the engine because Byfron was bypassed a few hours after release, which says a lot about security standards. Also, you should address all the mishandling of information recently and take measures and feedback from the community.

By gathering camera information it is possible that any exploiter may record the face capture and that is most concerning as AI is being used to malicious intent and any player will be at risk, specially children since they are more susceptible in this regard.

2 Likes

No one wants this. I don’t want to change my head every month so i don’t look like I have children in my basement.

2 Likes

hey can we not make horrible awful decisions for 5 seconds pleaseeeeeee?

nothing against animated faces, i think they’re neat and can look p cute with roblox’s style when done well

but WHY is it necessary to put classic hats off sale?? like??
did roblox not say in 2022 that classic avatars are NOT going anywhere? or did we all collectively imagine that? because fun fact, classic faces are only one part of the whole that is a “classic avatar”

4 Likes

we’re not upset about this because a new thing is being added to game, we’re upset because an old thing is being taken away and a new one is being forced (or heavily pushed as the only proper choice)

3 Likes

I wonder what next terrible update will come

1 Like

Put back classic face these are parts of roblox

2 Likes

Listen, I have a good idea. How about not “removing” old things almost every time you introduce something new? Especially when it’s unneeded.

3 Likes

well… They just can’t listen that well. That idea has been pitched numerous times, but no, we have to stay “in the meta” and “up to AAA game standards”.
how about we just keep it as is or at least give the open option for it all? it isn’t too hard, is it?

3 Likes

What about performances ? And availability ?

2 Likes

I know people have given that idea lots of times already and will continue to do so. Much rather not stay “in the meta” and have them listen to their community more. It’s overly optimistic to think they’d to that though as they rarely ever listen to their playerbase anymore.
And I agree, the least they could do is give us the option for it all. But it apparently is that hard for them.

3 Likes

Roblox just throws conventional means and thoughts right out the window with some updates, and it’s incredibly appalling how bad it’s getting in the current day.

If only Roblox could actually be able to say “Hey wait, why can’t we have both?” instead of “Let’s force the change by sending all of the faces off sale! That’ll get them to buy it!”

If I were to say what Roblox’s team is acting like in one word, it would probably be selfishness. Maybe greediness, but they’re forcing an agenda onto the platform’s picture that the community heavily disapproves of. It seems as if money is the second factor here.

5 Likes

yeah, we are “heard”, but not really, we are told we are heard by people hired by roblox to do just that, when in reality, everything is moved by the shareholders. unfortunate it works this way, but them having camera on playing roblox just for animating heads is really shady and i dont think they can hide this.

1 Like

I have nothing against dynamic heads because I like the concept of bringing faces to life and make our characters more alive but most of them don’t follow a template to work with accessories and other types of heads available in the avatar shop because they’re stuck on a one head shape you can’t change at all. Spectaqual and FileSaved goes into more detail of what I mean.

So we would like to have the classic faces that were taken off sale available again. So we can have both types of head customization without forcing users a feature they don’t want because of limitations it has.

I thought Roblox was about being creative, specially with our avatars.

5 Likes

Why did you remove the classic faces? This update is great(animated faces are nice), sure, but WHY put the old faces that were part of roblox history offsale?

2 Likes

Guys if you want to update and innovate the game in ways like this then fair enough, but I dont think it should come at the expense of your legacy. Forcing users into alien new practices and ideas like this is not a good idea especially since dynamic heads are already a touchy subject and many don’t like them. I dont see why you would take down iconic old faces to push this strange new avatar option.

ROBLOX is renowned for its jank and sense of community. Stop trying to modernise it with ridiculous practices like this. You are only killing it!

1 Like

It would’ve been nice to have a option to stay on the classic head.

1 Like