We’re updating Heads!

Roblox and bad decisions this month :fire::fire::fire::fire:

15 Likes

Why can’t you just include the old classic faces in the same bundle as the dynamic head?

Stop trying to force these heads upon us when the vast majority of people here clearly don’t want to use them in their current state. The decision to take classic faces offsale has had more backlash in just a few hours than any other update in 2023.

This is all great! But these problems remain unsolved.

• They still have misaligned attachment points. I don’t want a huge neck. This should be a very easy fix.
  • They’re not perfect recreations (some faces are either too small, have misaligned eyes, or otherwise just have a completely different look.)
  • They don’t work properly in R6 (eyebrows/lashes don’t work since they’re technically a type of layered clothing, and the face itself can’t animate.)
  • Personal preference. Some people genuinely just want a static 2D image as a face instead of an animated 3D model that blinks robotically.

I don’t care if you prioritize animated heads, just please keep the classic ones as an option.

And yes, I know that they still exist, but the problem is that they’re becoming unobtainable. If you didn’t already purchase a classic face in the past then you’ll have no choice but to purchase the animated version instead.

You never forced Rthro avatars. You never forced layered clothing. Do not try to force animated heads.

Roblox is all about creativity and backwards compatibility, and this is the opposite of that.

20 Likes

This solves nothing.

All we’re asking for is to preserve the obtainability of classic faces.

6 Likes

You’d honestly never know with Roblox engineers. :thinking:

If it’s gonna be recolors then what a way to make the most valuable faces, worth a ugc limited!

1 Like

you just made me think of how they would do colored faces in general.

oh my god how are they gonna do the puppy face

7 Likes

a few days ago when the Stevie Standard head was automatically equipped on my avatar (a consequence for not having any custom face equipped, apparently) I was in an R6 game and the face just straight up didn’t have any textures. It still had the head model, as I could see the mouth and 3d eyes but there was literally no texture nor was there any facial animation, just a :neutral_face:

3 Likes

“roblox engineers” funny joke :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Or roblox faces with “accessories” like red tango. Do they even plans things beforehand?

1 Like

Colour some brown circular dots and call it a day.

1 Like

you know the answer to that question

1 Like

the thing that pains me is the description
IMG_0434

1 Like

ok I’ve made the R6 version, where’s my check roblox

3 Likes

good point but what does the u in limitedu mean?

bro looks like the lego DC robinhood :skull:

It’s still not too late to revert this update…

5 Likes

REMOVE THIS HORRIBLE UPDATE ASAP :speaking_head:

4 Likes

What pains me is how this face will look after its animated :scream: :scream:

IYKYK

5 Likes

To recap: Roblox has opted to destroy a stable, loved, and versatile feature that has been around since the platform’s inception in favor of a system with multiple bugs, no support for R6, uncanny faces, awkward designs, less customizability, AND on top of that, Roblox, the company that has suffered not one, not two, but THREE data breaches wants me to trust them with my camera???

7 Likes