We’re updating Heads!

Exactly!
It was a great idea, if they made it right, they shouldn’t be removed the classic faces anyway, leaving a way of keeping them and putting them in by default

And R6 support is obvious, but it seems like they aren’t trying even to support it anymore

This feature actually does help me, but it wasn’t received at the right time, when everything else should’ve been done, that’s why they got the backlash

1 Like

I think all of the replies over this speak for themself and I do not like this update either. I am not really a fan of the “dynamic heads”, but I still thought that they could have a place on roblox. The Critical decision that was however made, was taking the classic Faces Off-Sale. I think the Classic faces are exactly what made Roblox, but now new players do not get to experience that. Even your Vice President for your Products stated in a Huge Interview “It’s Ironic, because we don’t care what you choose. If you look at the Dev Forums, you will see many opinions about Rthro and how we are compelling people to use it, but it’s just an option we provide. Nobody is making you give up your old blocky Avatar”. I think this Statement is clear enough that you shouldn’t really have taken the classic faces Off-Sale and it makes your Company look like that you are just lying to your Community. I think you should reconsider this decision of yours.

3 Likes

That’s great, except not everyone wants to do that. So why force it on everyone?

No you’re not… the old faces are being put offsale??

6 Likes

In several videos of “leaks” of a new update it seems that you’ll be able to switch between animated faces and the normal ones by clicking a button.
https://twitter.com/Bloxy_News/status/1685289076306628608

2 Likes

I’d say that would create confusion and generally just be unnecessary. “Oh yeah get the Winning Smile” which one?! Having to buy both versions of almost the same face separately feels like an oversight

2 Likes

but it is common sense
if you understand how copyright works, you would know how the AI, system works

1 Like

Dan is correct
the 3d face that you own has a 2d decal version of it, in which you can disable 3d to turn it to the 2d version, and enable the 2d version to 3d, however it is 1 bundle, as seen in EVERY 3d bundle there is a static version of the face, learn to read guys, it is easy, as well you cannot complain if you are wearing custom UGC faces, and or stuff like dominus, headless

1 Like

of course that is just the thumbnail, animations may appear differently in game, and it is up to you to gain your clean mindset

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense. Classic shirts and pants have co-existed with layered clothing for a while now and there have been no issues. The amount of classic faces and heads that exist is a mere fraction of this.

Furthermore, the copyright system isn’t even applied to assets created by the Roblox account, so I’m not sure how any of what you’re saying makes sense?

4 Likes

5 days and 1400 comments too late for bait to have any entertainment value

faces should be bundled together for simplicity’s sake at the very least

4 Likes

Which is why i thought that ‘leak’ from Bloxy News was promising. I still have no clue if it’s real or not considering the twitter account hasn’t clarified at all.

Why… Why would anyone want to do this? This is just absurd. No one wants their Roblox face to mirror their facial expressions, with the exception of online daters. Think of all the things online daters will be able to do with this…

Like kissing?

Even disregarding this stupid camera thing, why have you made the old faces offsale? I understand I will be able to use the classic faces I own, but what if I want to change my avatar and I need a new face? I need to purchase a dynamic face. No matter what you say, this change is being forced on us. I don’t approve of that, and neither do the other 1400 people who have replied to this post.

2 Likes

clothing, copyright, making slight changes can break the AI, that is how many users get pass the copyright system by uploading stuff like minecraft assets to the platform, however if it has 2 of the exact identical models, on the platform the AI can detect that, the 2d decal and 3d decal, ALL 2d decals as the admin stated will look like the 3d decal, same proportions, same height, etc. additionally it will create confusion and more lag to the platform keeping classic faces as a separate thing than combining both

the classic shirts and pants and layered clothes, are completely different, it takes more effort, more skills to copy what was a 2d shirt on a 3d shirt, than copying a decal and pasting a decal, even if it is copied it is completely different material different style etc, however the 3d faces INCLUDES THE 2D FACES, so it’s the exact same thing

1 Like

Looking over this thread reminds me that today is a good day to be headless. I had been using the stevie face for quite some time before it was upgraded; I firmly believe that this choice will further the immersion of Roblox experiences, but replacing classic faces without first standardizing their prior sizing and, on top of that, taking classic faces off the market, is a very hazardous commercial move.

4 Likes

same thing that was said for Voice Chat. It is not absurd it is modern technology, at least OD are to try it out and give feedback based on it instead of assumptions

kissing reactions may appear differently or might have a restriction or a instant ban for that

and if you want a new face for the 15th time, buy the 3d face and equip the 2d version by equipping the 3d face and disabling 3d face enabled.

1 Like

I think roblox does bad updates for attention.

2 Likes

roblox realizes that the majority of players are trying out CUSTOM UGC FACES, and headless, so ROBLOX decided to force this update upon us to show a new way faces can be used

additionally they do updates because it has to be done, you cannot want technology to improve if no one can implement it.

1 Like

No I don’t think so, roblox is 100% doing it for attention.

2 Likes

But they still might be false, do you really think a company like Roblox would seriously allow to leak info? It’s very unlikely, and that’s not the problem, it would be okay, even thought they could keep both, the problem is that they are now overpriced, before they were free and now they’re like 120 Robux, and just eliminating them and forcing us to have dinamica heads, and we still don’t have any info on if it’s true or not

1 Like

But the thing is they’re being overpriced, but who cares if there’s 2?!
It’s better because if I want the static one I get the static one, and I don’t get the moving one