We’re updating Heads!

i love this update! when will roblox track your IP and sell your information to third party companies?

2 Likes

ROBLOX already tracks your IP because it’s a website and online game client. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t be able to connect to any servers. The IP address isn’t as sensitive as you’d think.

4 Likes

They kind of do that with phone numbers.

2 Likes
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
	Player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(Character)
		if Character:WaitForChild("Head"):FindFirstChildOfClass("FaceControls") then
			Player:Destroy()
		end
	end)
end)
11 Likes

Maybe you should just delete the face controls instead. I wonder what will happen.

The dynamic face just has a default expression, that’s all.

I really don’t like the idea of customization being taken away from everyone. If you really were “constantly working on providing our community with better ways to express themselves and their avatar identity on Roblox.” then you wouldn’t be making this decision. Yeah, sure, you’re “recreating”, and “updating” the 2D faces but the community is only going to be happy if they are ALL 1:1 copies, and the head shape can be chosen.

Sorry, this ain’t it.

3 Likes

Thank you for saying this! IPs are nowhere near as sensitive as people think, all that can really be found is an approximate location (e.g. city). Yes, someone could DDoS you, but dynamic IPs exist meaning one could call their ISP and request a reset or just reboot their router. In addition, DDoSing is a lot more complicated than just opening command prompt and pinging a website.

If this wasn’t Roblox I’d put my IP right here to prove a point.

2 Likes

I would just like to address that there is a large legal issue here. People have spent actual money on these classic faces, and for ROBLOX to just suddenly take them off is a bad decision, and will likely lead to a lawsuit.

Let us keep the classic faces please. You keep making all these bad decisions as if you want to destroy your past and just seem like an entirely new platform.

2 Likes

Because of Roblox’s Terms of Service, they cannot be sued by this change. Read section 4b in the User Terms.

8 Likes

Why am I not surprised? Roblox really added this for doomsday preparation of moving to the Metaverse.

Jokes aside, there isn’t much we can do as normal Players here, unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

im really dont like this feature at all. Sometimes its really scaring me to be honest xd

2 Likes

Really dumb idea, when a kid does a very suspicious face while doing some animations in game and why would anyone use it besides to make fun of it or to troll with it. It also introduces lag.

2 Likes

And add this to the other change to the ToS then we basically can’t do anything against them in any way, they’re just taking away our rights for everything and then they don’t refund you if they delete them, more info on here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-terms-of-use-update-august-1st-2023-in-conjunction-with-other-changes/2498289/5

3 Likes

It’s entirely up to each individual user whether to allow Roblox access to their cameras… so just don’t allow Roblox access to your camera and you’re golden. It’s not a privacy violation if the user has to provide Roblox permission to use their camera. They already said they’re not storing any of the footage acquired from the cameras, too.

1 Like

Then they should equip their desired face.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/the-ugc-programs-quality-assurance-is-extremely-flawed/2001909/148
Oh wait. This causes even more lag because they subdivided it.

1 Like

I feel you man
Fellow 2013 user here…

13 Likes

Most generic company reply ever. Not even true in the slightest.

4 Likes

please stop it IT LOOKS TERRIBLE AND YOU’RE MAKING FREE HEADS COST MONEY. THIS ACTUALLY SUCKS.

9 Likes

Not all of us like this update at all, you are forcing stuff on us when you legit said you won’t change the way we create avatars, yet here you are doing that, not a lot of people like what you are doing with dynamic heads, we don’t hate dynamic heads but we hate that you’ve been trying to force us to use something we don’t want to use. also, I’d like to say, I’m not trying to break any of the community guidelines, I just really don’t like the fact y’all are forcing us to use dynamic heads, a lot of people spent money on classic faces and you are replacing them and making them cost more, thus making them have to pay again for these faces. if my reply comes off as disrespectful, I’m not trying to be, I’m sharing my opinion as to why I don’t like this update, you should just leave classic stuff alone instead of changing it to make us change, this update might negatively affect users on the Roblox platform, please don’t force us to use stuff we don’t want to use. regards, Miney.

15 Likes