We’re updating Heads!

oh you can certainly tell which heads have been essentially frankenstein’d together! even more so when R6 is enabled…

example img of dynamic skeptic in R6. even without seeing the mouth you can absolutely tell they reused the 2022 stevie standard as a sort of "base" to work with from the eyes alone

image image

im sure anyone can think of what 2022 stevie standard looks like, so it really isnt a stretch to agree with what you said

i guess it isnt exactly world-ending for them to reuse their own assets, but its really giving a “quantity over quality/accuracy” approach which is really uncomfortable for myself and many others who still cherish the hand-drawn charm the 2D faces adorned.

coming back on this thread to say that this is a terrible idea

4 Likes

Hi, just going to put this here:

If you’re going to be selling Dynamic Heads based on classic faces, please bundle the original faces with them, I want to pay for something that doesn’t look like an alien.

I understand that you did this with owners who have owned their faces before the dynamic head rollout, but please make it so we at least have a choice.

Thanks!

Classic:
Dynamic:

8 Likes

The fact that these bundles don’t come with the OG faces, look objectively worse, AND more expensive is so confusing.

If Roblox wanted to actually convince people to use them, they wouldn’t need to force it onto people, but instead actually try and refine them until they look closer and less uncanny. They’ll never look 1:1 obviously due to being meshes rather than hand drawn textures, but they could at least put in the effort, but it doesn’t even seem like they’re trying.

Alienating the playerbase by straight up removing extremely popular items and replacing them with unlikable low effort bastardizations then trying to convince everyone that “It’s da future!” is such a strange approach that just makes everyone hate them.

19 Likes

I think this would be an excellent solution and a very welcome peace offering to older players, and players in general, who think the 2D faces look better. Why not have it so when you buy one of the new 3D faces, you automatically get the older “classic” face with it for “free”? One of my friends recently had to make a new account after losing access to their original account, and their signature face has already been converted to one of the new ““upgrades””, so they were forced to find a new 2D face that they could use.

Anyways, I agree with every single line in your post.

8 Likes

It’s most players wearing classic face

classic face is most popular feature ever, you know why

4 Likes

I don’t ever use the 3D faces very often. If I do it’s just to play around and test it. Why can’t they just bundle the faces together when you buy it? I literally just won’t be using the dynamic heads as often anyways. Why are they blocking the ability to buy both at the same time anyway? What a waste of marketing and money giving the chance to buy both together or independently. Makes no sense to take the faces offsale. From a developer perspective I would support both old and new. There was nothing wrong with 2D faces and 3D Faces to begin with. No reason to try to fix something that isn’t broken Roblox. Take the 2D faces offsale created more problems than there already is when purchasing the faces and getting them to work on the game with other case sensitive things happening in the workspace of the game. @Roblox want to make money? Then put them both on sale. Problem solved.

8 Likes

yeah

most ugc face mask stuff are classic face and people don’t want dynamic head for reason

I don’t think new players who wearing classic face are nostalgic

2 Likes

Headless bros… we lost

9 Likes

Yup, for some reason they thought it was a good idea to update the HEADLESS HORSEMAN with a new dynamic version…

Literally all they did was give it the old Stevie Standard model and set its transparency to 1, and I guess for the lolz they gave it the anime mood

To make this even worse, since SpecialMeshes don’t support transparency(?) they actually broke the R6 version of the new head

To top it all off, they made the bundle free for a whole hour somehow, nobody knows why or how.

While they’re not above replacing the classic heads with the new dynamic ones judging by this post, they haven’t gone and done that for this one yet so everyone who actually bought the bundle while it was actually on sale aren’t affected

15 Likes

if there wasnt enough controversy now, there definitely will be if they decide to roll out dynamic headless in that condition.

im safe from the dynamification beam for now, at least.
until, of course, they replace it with that disaster.

at least it’ll give me a reason to wear evil skeptic. until, yknow, that becomes a dynamic head too.

im convinced no amount of backlash will cause roblox to step back and reconsider a new approach to this update. i want to believe they wouldnt just ship products [especially product that is bought with actual currency] in a broken and bugged state but considering ive seen 11 years of this kind of stuff rinsing and repeating they clearly arent above that, which is extremely disappointing to say the least.

6 Likes

Headless is such a joke ever since the release of dynamic heads. I’m not even surprised when they mess things up like this (again) :skull:.

8 Likes

yeah, so basically all of us who got it for free were temporarily banned for 1 minute and the headless horseman was removed.
sad, ngl though if Roblox screws up, it’s not our fault that we bought it cuz it says free, and subsequently we bought it. fire the dang employee or idc but we got it LEGALLY. so don’t remove it. (tho they already did and i don’t see Roblox now undoing this

5 Likes

Headless now works on r6 yeeeeee

3 Likes

It’s funny you say that. I bought my headless horseman bundle around 2018 if I remember correctly. Today I lost my original headless head and was left with the new dynamic version. I can’t use headless for R6 anymore since I just get that glitched tacky looking head. I still have all the other parts of the bundle but the headless head I purchased is nowhere to be found. Not everyone has lost theirs as I have done some checking around. I am a bit shook over this since I knew nothing about this new dynamic version until this happened. I will say I do not like it whatsoever. I want the original back.

10 Likes

Does anyone know if Roblox restore the original headless if it was removed accidentally during the transition?

Praying it’s unintentional cause it’s so awful to look at in a previewer. But no clue why it only affects some of us, and not everyone yet. None of my friends have been forced to have this abomination. :skull:

5 Likes

Not looking good roblox

if roblox add classic woman and man bundle with dynamic heads :grimacing:

4 Likes

I lost my original headless head after they decided to make it dynamic and I gave more than $300 for that bundle YEARS ago. This is a very bad move on their part.

8 Likes

Since my post they’ve fixed the issue with R6 by giving it the old mesh ID

But for some reason they wanted to change the R15 mesh, and now it’s using material transparency.

3 Likes