We are creating a school for developers

@GENESIS_GAMINGYT1 and I have started a project to make an entire school to train up new developers. Once we release we will be working with up to 10 students per class but will only be able to have six class options. What I want to know is what are some plans we should make before full release and how should we do these things? We have a base Idea of how to do this but do not have the funds nor the staff to have a large amount of students. How should we handle this? If a teacher can’t teach on a certain day we might be out of luck for that class which is not good as you might imagine. How should we overcome these challenges? What are some good practices that we should use before embarking on this journey?

19 Likes

Is this a Roblox group/experience or an off-site professional service? There are online afterschools teaching Roblox game dev in specific, and they’re quite expensive. Educator salary is nice though.
If you don’t have constant availability, you could produce a self-paced learning experience via video, and allow students to schedule appointments with the producer to get personal help? Raincheck the participants if there isn’t a teacher for a live session maybe?

2 Likes

Look, here’s your 3 options.

1. Make very precise and helpful YouTube videos or live along with weekly Q&As. As in tutorials or DevLogs.
    Pros: Free and watchable for everyone, clean and clear.
    Cons: Lack of interactions with the students, cannot provide precise help.

2. Make a paid tutorship class. Provide 1 to 1 or 1 to multiple classes, teaching how to design games and create them.
    Pros: Very useful for a small amount of members.
    Cons: General quality bad for the people who watch the recorded version.

3. Become an official Roblox staff to provide help to DEVs by making a new platform, school.roblox.com.
    Pros: Official
    Cons: Restricted

• Tutorials and DevLogs
  • Private tutorship
  • Official platform

0 voters

1 Like

Thank you for the advise! We’ll keep this in mind!

3 Likes

On Roblox and discord, we want it easy to access. It’ll be free at first but later you’ll have to pay a fee as our classes evolve over time. We would like to do one teacher per class with a couple of substitutes.

1 Like

Can I have the link to the school, Is like a roleplay? I want to learn.

2 Likes

You don’t actually need to have teachers for an online course. That’s mostly the point. You can provide them with pre-recorded lessons and answer any questions if they get stuck.

1 Like

Do both options 1 and 2. Sometimes your learners need help and are willing for a private tutoring

2 Likes

We want to work with the students on a team create session so that we can easily give them the help they need while simultaneously actually being there and showing them how to do these things.

4 Likes