We Need an Underage (13) User Detection Bot

Buuut…

Easily caught lol. And if it happens regularly then that is sus

6 Likes

I’m saying if they never put their serious birth date at all, hence there was never a web.roblox.com prefix to begin with.

A system that has a high probability to false flag users for posting a roblox link seems ridiculous. I also don’t understand where the hate against under 13 is coming from, I did a search for web.roblox.com on the forums (which you could infer that the users might be under 13) and a lot of the threads are completely mature and legible.

4 Likes

then oh well they aren’t caught, the parents failed at protecting their child.

There is no hate against <13 users, it’s that they legally aren’t allowed on the forum due to COPPA.

And not all <13 users are unintelligible

5 Likes

Don’t mobile users get this too… Moderating users for this is an awful idea.

Kids are legally allowed to use social media, it’s just the terms of service that says they can’t create an account. Roblox is the one responsible for collecting data from children under 13, and they are the ones that can get in trouble for it (that’s why it’s against tos).

Anyone with web.roblox.com as their roblox domain is accessing from a U13 account. www.roblox.com is used for 13+ users or logged out users. Accessing the wrong domain will redirect you automatically (tested on mobile too)

6 Likes

Why is this a thing in the first place. Can’t this be used to identify personal information about players then?

Just because you use web.roblox doesn’t mean you’re under 13.
The thing with using web.roblox is that a moderator can check the accounts birthdate, to see if its just a copied link, or if their under 13.

2 Likes

That is the point of his post.

2 Likes

Can’t this be used to identify personal information about players then?

The stats if you are over 13, or under 13 isn’t classified as “personal information”. If it were a direct age, then yes it would be personal, but not private (private is like your phone number or address or a picture of you etc.).
No legal action says you can’t see if someone is under/over 13, but yes it can be uncomfortable for some people to ask.

2 Likes

Look at the rest of the post, I said it can be used to determine, and a moderator can check the account age.

If they can check the birthdate why don’t they just prevent users who are under 13, and by effect have web.roblox.com, from accessing the forum /medias in the first place.

1 Like

I had pointed this out already.

2 Likes

The roblox.com website contains a chat and email system. Users can also chat in game. This is turned on by default, and it still complies with COPPA Law.

2 Likes

You can change your age over 13 by emailing roblox, this isn’t really a problem. Here is an alt i’ll be making which will have its age as a 1 year old.

Then go to roblox support and email roblox.

https://gyazo.com/164631e0212b1012d4ada12b7c9c24a3

1 Like

I agree here, this case could happen. It’s very rare but this needs to be pointed out. If someone does this and they get banned from forum, you’re banning a 13+ user.

3 Likes

This is true however, you can also change it in settings without contacting support.

So pretty much everyone at this point is debating how they change the age. I’m not too sure if they change their age midway through their account it will work seeing as I’ve never been underage during my time on the DevForum.

No, if you read the TOS Roblox Requires kids to get parental guidance making it legal. (The main Roblox site blocks certain things by default and allows the parents to set the rest.) However for Social Medias like Twitter, FaceBook, etc where they can chat, share and talk with others with no limit it is not legal. Please read this it’s by the FTC and I’m sure you can find more. The rule of parents helping you sign up also doesn’t apply, there are no work arounds for this and parents who do help are technically breaking the law too under a law called Aiding and Abetting. For more information I’d consult a legal profession.

2 Likes

If you’re account is under 13 you can’t change it, you’re able to change since you’re over 13.

14 Likes

For registering, why check the link of a user when, I’m assuming, they can code the bot to access the database to fetch the age of the user?

For posting, if the bot detects a user posting a web.roblox.com link, it’ll delete the account + posts on it, why need a review team when that’s the evidence of the user being underage?

13+ users can copy the link from an underage user, all that is needed is a manual approval or something. <13 accounts are already prevented from logging into the devforum, but the point is that <13 users create alt accounts and set the age to 13+ so they can access the forum. From there they could check ip for accounts and see their main is <13.

3 Likes