We should be able to purchase a Badge for a group game with personal funds

The way that somethings can only be purchased with Group funds or Personal funds is really annoying in a lot of instances.

This should be fixed eventually.

4 Likes

Agreed. Kind of surprised nothing has been done yet… I don’t want to have to buy a group asset and have to wait three days later just to use the funds…

Definitely should allow you to use personal funds inside groups.

6 Likes

Now that we’re starting to see some work done on the groups pages I’m hoping this issue might be revisited.

7 Likes

With Badges recently being ported to Studio rather than created via the website - this should really be addressed.

The main reason why is because if you attempt to create a badge in studio on a group game without 100 group funds, you get redirected to the Robux purchase webpage. This is redundant because it’s inferring you don’t have enough robux in your personal account to upload the badge.

Here’s what I mean:

19 Likes

Bumping for visibility. This change is incredibly bad, I’m having this problem as well.

9 Likes

As a Roblox developer, I currently find it’s annoying to wait 3 days for your robux to go through on a group to create badges.

The current system: If you don’t have enough robux in your group, you have to buy a product in the group shop - and wait 3 days for the robux to actually get into the group funds.

My proposed system: Plain and simple - allow users to spend their account robux on group game badges.

It would really help if Roblox could add this as I feel it would speed up the process of adding badges as not everyone has the robux available in group funds.

25 Likes

Why on earth is this restricted like this?

This needs to be addressed pronto or remove the cost for making badges.

12 Likes

This restriction is very annoying. It stopped my game-jam team from adding badges to our game within the 24 hour limitation and, in general, adds unnecessary waiting to a process that should be simple. It has been more than a year since this issue was originally reported.

17 Likes

Bumping this. This gives me a headache and completely slows down my development flow - why do funds from the group’s owner even go into Pending Sales in the first place? Honestly, it’s not the tax that’s annoying, it’s the painful wait where you just can’t really do anything related to badges.

15 Likes

I’m about to add badges for my game that’s supposed to release very soon, luckily I noticed this caveat before it was too late. Do I really have to spend my own robux on a group item, just for it to get transferred with a tax? After that I still need to wait for that robux to get processed in order for me to actually create a badge. It’ll likely get processed before release, but a days’ difference could’ve really put things off.

16 Likes

I am beyond shotdown that this isn’t a feature yet.

I need to add a badge to a test server to test extra things, and my test server is owned by a group that doesn’t earn Robux as it isn’t the main group. Therefore, no Robux in funds. Can’t upload a badge even though I have way more than enough to uplaod them from my personal funds.
I go to create a shirt, but I can’t buy it because I am the one who made it. Meanwhile I ask my newly hired developer to upload a shirt instead, but he doesn’t have BC. This is asinine

21 Likes

Why isn’t this a feature yet?

Since the release of the Configure Group feature we are able to purchase ranks with their personal funds. Why didn’t this get integrated with badges in the same update?

23 Likes

I just ran into this issue today and I’m bumping this thread to just share my want for this.

It’s been two years and I just ran into this issue, now that the platform is becoming more consistent in design it’s about time to make it consistent across the board and aim for functionality.

Sponsors and Advertisements take out of Personal Funds (with no option to take out of Group Funds - a complaint for another thread) and Gamepasses are free to make: this leaves Badges left still taking out of Group Funds. An inconsistency that can hurt developers creating Games in New Groups which start out with 0 robux.

To upload badges to my game I have to make a product from which the Group will receive Robux from to even be able to afford the upload; and even then - I’ve lost about 30% of what was put in so I have to account for that in the price of the product.

This unfortunately is an issue now and has been for the last two years and it would be nice to see this fixed and turned into an option to take out of personal or group funds.

EDIT: I just transferred Robux to my group and now I have to wait the delay for it to be even verified - so now developers have to wait 1-6 days to even have the robux transferred into their Group Balance to even make badges!

14 Likes

Bump, this is still an issue, this is actually poor that no one has picked up on this and attempted to fix it, this now means I have to buy my own gamepass and wait 3 days to get money to buy my badges?

This is inconvenient for new studio owners who are making a game, even more so when I planned to release something over the coming days and this was an issues I’d never thought I would encounter and the fact this thread has been here for over two years and it’s still not fixed is baffling to me.

Please sort this out, this is an inconvenience to all developers on your platform.

12 Likes

Hello I am angry I have to pay myself Robux with an insane cut of 30% just to be able to create a group badge. This issue is ages old and should have already gotten acknowledgment but there are still no replies regarding this issue.

This needs acknowledgment, either it’s gonna get fixed or it never will. Just let us know.

20 Likes

Not only do we deal with the inconvenience of the 30% fee when transferring funds to a group via a T-shirt, but now we have to wait 7 days before we can spend it on Badges. Huge blocker!!

15 Likes

Bumping this because this is a very big blocker if you’re not actively saving group funds. There has to be a reason Roblox is/has been silent on this and it’s bothersome on so many levels. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I really see no method of abuse if we were able to buy group badges with our own funds.

4 Likes

good days developers
good news about good badge uploads
checkbox for using group funds available now, brought to you in part by fellow @webgl3d
i, @bitwiseandrea do very good implement a great checkbox
@webgl3d, do very good implement backend support

enjoy good robux spending
good day

63 Likes

FINALLY.
Thank you, so, soooo much.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.