We should be able to purchase a Badge for a group game with personal funds

As a developer, it is currently impossible to use personal funds to purchase Badges for Group Owned games.
This is not the biggest problem in the world, but for a developer creating a new group which has no current funds, it is annoying to have to pay 100 robux into the group out of our own pocket, accounting for the 30% fee on the way, in order to create a badge for a new game. The owner of the group at least should be able to use their own funds to purchase items like badges for group assets, similar to how they can use personal funds to pay for advertising campaigns in group games.

For reference, I definitely have more than 0, and 100 robux.

If I’m being stupid and this is not the case for some reason, my apologies in advance.
Thanks!

217 Likes

Still an issue.

24 Likes

Also, for me, clicking Buy Roblox just ended up giving me personal currency instead of group currency.

So - if I understand things from my googling - in order to create a badge for my group-owned game, a group that has no revenue as yet, I need to sell a t-shirt from the group to myself to give myself the funds to make the badge to put in the game. Do I understand things correctly or is there some simpler method I’m missing?

15 Likes

You’re understanding correctly. Group features are just a mess like that.

12 Likes

everything with groups are a headache

at this point it’s kinda just ‘deal with it’

9 Likes

Rather than just dealing with the issues, now is the best time to write group update suggestions and report bugs as engineers are now actively working on groups.

4 Likes

most of them are already documented under Web Bugs

6 Likes

Bump, was about to make a post on this but noticed it’s already a reported issue.

Very inconvenient, please fix!

18 Likes

I’m not sure why this isn’t a thing yet.

7 Likes

Sorry if this is a bad bump, but this is still a big issue, especially with the new update which with you have to wait 3 days for the Funds to appear. I’d love to have an option to choose between Personal funds & Group funds, this is seriously needed.

17 Likes

I’m not sure what annoys me more, the fact I just had to pay 30% or that I have to delay release 3 days for it to pend

16 Likes

I am in this exact situation right now. Pls fix

12 Likes

The way that somethings can only be purchased with Group funds or Personal funds is really annoying in a lot of instances.

This should be fixed eventually.

4 Likes

Agreed. Kind of surprised nothing has been done yet… I don’t want to have to buy a group asset and have to wait three days later just to use the funds…

Definitely should allow you to use personal funds inside groups.

6 Likes

Now that we’re starting to see some work done on the groups pages I’m hoping this issue might be revisited.

7 Likes

With Badges recently being ported to Studio rather than created via the website - this should really be addressed.

The main reason why is because if you attempt to create a badge in studio on a group game without 100 group funds, you get redirected to the Robux purchase webpage. This is redundant because it’s inferring you don’t have enough robux in your personal account to upload the badge.

Here’s what I mean:

19 Likes

Bumping for visibility. This change is incredibly bad, I’m having this problem as well.

9 Likes

As a Roblox developer, I currently find it’s annoying to wait 3 days for your robux to go through on a group to create badges.

The current system: If you don’t have enough robux in your group, you have to buy a product in the group shop - and wait 3 days for the robux to actually get into the group funds.

My proposed system: Plain and simple - allow users to spend their account robux on group game badges.

It would really help if Roblox could add this as I feel it would speed up the process of adding badges as not everyone has the robux available in group funds.

25 Likes

Why on earth is this restricted like this?

This needs to be addressed pronto or remove the cost for making badges.

12 Likes

This restriction is very annoying. It stopped my game-jam team from adding badges to our game within the 24 hour limitation and, in general, adds unnecessary waiting to a process that should be simple. It has been more than a year since this issue was originally reported.

17 Likes