We’ve Rebuilt Sponsored Games!

Just bought 11k Robux for £92 or whatever it was, usually costs me about 3 Robux per play with this new system but that sponsor run cost me 20 per play. Effectively I just spent £92 for 500 plays… really not pleased.

5 Likes

Jesus christ that’s awful.

My situation isn’t nearly that bad, but i did have to spend around 100k over the course of 3 days to get up to 600 concurrent, still pretty terrible. :disappointed:

1 Like

Those numbers are not exactly uncommon to see during the Christmas time. Almost every developer is sponsoring their game right now because the revenue is insane.

4 Likes

Still, that’s a crazy amount to have to spend to get some players on. I’d need to spend about £20,000 GBP to get 100k players on over a 24 hour period. I, and most others don’t have that kind of money laying about.

1 Like

I do really like this new feature. But I do have a couple of improvements I’d like:

1. If I bid 10k a day for a sponsor, that runs for many days, if I cancel the sponsor will it continue running the day I cancel? Because otherwise you just lose 10k ROBUX? It isn’t clear, so I haven’t stopped sponsors yet/am waiting for the end of the day.

2. Cost per click should not be total ROBUX spent divided by number of clicks. This means you only get an accurate idea of cost at the end of the day. It should instead use amount of ROBUX spent so far in the day: (total ROBUX * (minutes run / 24 * 60) ) / clicks

5 Likes

We will be deprecating access to the old sponsored ads reporting starting this week.

If you still need this data, please visit the old sponsored reports ASAP to collect this data. Going forward, you will no longer be able to access reports from the old sponsored games system.

28 Likes

Any chance there will be more changes to how profitable sponsored ads will be in the future?

6 Likes

But like, I got 3 visits from 1k robux. Thats a loss.

6 Likes

WIll deprecating access to the old sponsor ads benefit us when sponsoring aka will sponsoring be fixed?

2 Likes

Yes, this isn’t attempting to “stereotype” genders. It is just looking at which gender will probably click more based on previous analytics / statistics on other games and media.

why we not talkin bout how stinky sponsors are compared to how they were before still?

literally a busted system in terms of robux spent to users gained now

4 Likes

Once the IPO passes will your team possibly start looking into improving this situation? It doesn’t take an expert analyst to figure out this system has been made unfair and an unviable marketing solution.

3 Likes

Well, while we’re waiting (hopefully) for a response, do you guys have any ideas on how to mass market in the meantime? We’ve all heard time and again that youtubers are amazing at boosting but not everyone has that kind of connection. I’d love to push out my game, and I have the kind of cash to pump into it, but spending upwards of 3 robux per visit, to get MAYBE on avg 1 robux back, is ridiculous. Any ideas on what to do to mass market?

4 Likes

tbh I did a sponsor a few days ago and the numbers were back to what I expected. Dunno if it’s consistent or not, though

Oh really? Mind showing your sponsor stats?

This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed quickly, there has been multiple posts from developers saying how bad the Sponsored Games system is yet no response back, this is not acceptable.

How do you expect developers to market their games if the system is defective from the beginning?

We noticed a trend of color styled games becoming popular throughout Roblox, so we hopped onto this trend and created a better quality and content-full game to stand out amongst competitors. We monetized every area of the game to maximize the potential return.

On Friday 5th February 2021:
We spent a total of 350,000 Robux ($1,225) which was split into two sponsors of 175K Robux, as shown in the screenshot below. After sponsoring we experienced extremely slow player gains, it reached around 600 players 4-5 hours later. The next day, when 17-20 hours have gone by, we reached a shocking 1,074 players and is currently at 300 after the sponsorship.

The CPC is 2.32 Robux, this is terrible compared to the old rates (<0.23, 1/10 of the current rate, as the old sponsored page has been removed we now can’t compare stats!). The CTR is 0.024%, yes 0.024%! But impressions seem to be very high, almost inflated in a way, it’s as if Roblox is calculating them differently which is costing developers a lot of money! I could sponsor a baseplate using the old-system and it would get a higher CTR.

This is crippling developers as we speak and is not at all an effective way to market a game! 350,000 Robux should get you more than 1K players. We are calling for this to be looked into, but it is being constantly ignored.

12 Likes

I think that sponsors are still BARELY profitable if your retention and monetization is absolutely stellar, and you keep players coming back. I put around 300k into my roleplay game, and it got to 1.2k concurrent, then back down to around 400-600 everyday for the past month. It really just depends on your game, and you definitely go in the red at first when you sponsor, but over time if your game is good enough you can still profit. I hope it gets fixed but at this point it’s not an absolute necessity for me

3 Likes

I can dig up the final results later, but I just looked at a screenshot I sent someone else, screenshot says a test ad I ran got around 1.5 CPC and 2.75 CPP. Not sure if that’s “Good”, but I only spent a few thousand robux on what was essentially a low effort joke game and got a larger handful of players than I expected for such an extraordinarily low amount spent. Maybe it doesn’t scale up, but if I paid 10x the amount and got 10x the players I’d definitely have been satisfied. Certainly for not having to put any extra effort making a doofy ad to run.

edit: final result is 1.13 CPC and 2.01 CPP. So actually got more efficient by the end.
For some reason I just can’t see those numbers as being particularly bad? 2 robux a player. Premium players almost always pay for themselves and then some just from Premium Payouts.

Please correct me if I’m delusional and these values are actually terrible. Certainly they’re significantly better than @ValueKing was demonstrating, though again at a very low test price point so scaling idk

Yeah those numbers are definitely on the better end. I’m on phone atm so I can’t check the exact stats of my game, but I’m pretty sure the CPP ended up being around 3-4, which seems to be pretty much in the middle of the road. 2 CPP is definitely profitable if you can keep players coming back and you have stellar monetization, but it’s still definitely worse than before. I’d still love to see this system changed, maybe with more sponsor slots at the top of the games page, as the system really is just not a good choice for most games at this point in time.

1 Like

1.13 - 2.01 CPP is higher than the old system from the limited data I can compare, unable to view my old sponsored games because the page has been made deprecated is disappointing. Using the old sponsored system I had a CPC of: 0.42, 1.1 and 0.23. From looking at those stats, it’s a lot higher now ranging from 2.32, 2.12, 4.23, 4.61, 4.16.

Are you able to view the deprecated sponsor page, or has it been removed completely?

What device did you run your sponsor on?
How much did you spend?
How many players did you get?

The system needs a desperate change, and fast.