Wear item missing on item pages

Reproduction Steps

1. Visit an item page such as ROBLOX Jacket.
  2. Open up the item menu by clicking the 3 dots
  3. See that it is missing the “wear item”/“remove item” option (and for some items where that is the only option available, the menu opens up blank)

Browser information:

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

I also tried on Edge with a brand new account:

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36 Edg/100.0.1185.50
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior
I want to see the wear item button and be able to update my avatar from the item pages.

Actual Behavior
The wear item button is missing:

Workaround
I currently copy the asset id from the webpage url, then navigate to the avatar page, then select the waist accessory type (it is my least owned accessory type), and then I navigate to the bottom of the page so I can access the advanced menu to input the asset id.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/*
Impact: High
Frequency: Often

2 Likes

I’d imagine this is intentional as it was rather clunky to use as well as being just outright buggy (especially with things like the advanced accessory editor allowing more than 3 hats and doing this would remove any that went over, or with the new 1 hair limit possibly being broken/evaded when wearing via that area)
Plus, I don’t believe anyone ever used that button anyway.

3 Likes

Following up on this thread!

Yes, @cpguy5089 is right. We decided to give up on the “Wear” button in the 3 dots because it wasn’t really a heavily used function!

We are closing this thread since it’s intended behavior!

1 Like