[ Web Panel ] [ 800+ Games ] BloxBan ~ Better way to create, track & more your bans

Hey, sorry you’ve had a bad experience when using services like this, but rest assured that this isn’t going anywhere and if anything was to happen I would upload this to Github where anyone can carry on and use it long after am gone.

Added note,
I am also using this for my own games and other projects so it’s not going anywhere.

I’ve owned my server since ( 11/26/2017 01:33:56 ) - my receipt

1 Like

Why use discord as a sign-in method? You should use google, its more common.
Google has a lot of API anyways, it would be more worth it imo.

Because I don’t wanna store anyone’s personal information, and as I said before I’ll add other options in the future just for now discord works fine

Hey! This seems really cool good work!

I am curious; however, how this system works. How often does it check for bans from your backend server? Are all bans requested on each request? Is long polling used to allow for new bans to instantly be updated across servers?

Also, where is this hosted? I would guess a service like Heroku but just wondering…

Overall, this seems amazing and step in the right direction for Roblox moderation. I am just curious as a web developer myself what the architecture of your application looks like.

~ Robot_Engine

I guess this goes to show the quality of the product?

1 Like

Oh a little typo, thanks for pointing that out it has been fixed.

1 Like

I am curious; however, how this system works. How often does it check for bans from your backend server? Are all bans requested on each request? Is long polling used to allow for new bans to instantly be updated across servers?

The preset script checks OnJoins and once every 30 seconds but again you can code your own Lua script to handle it just the way you want it.

Also, where is this hosted? I would guess a service like Heroku but just wondering…

The server is located in the US, and no its not on Heroku but a Server provider I pay directly every month

Overall, this seems amazing and step in the right direction for Roblox moderation. I am just curious as a web developer myself what the architecture of your application looks like.

Thank you, I am running on a web stack with about 5 years of server configuration and security

1 Like

Thanks for the response :smile:

The preset script checks OnJoins and once every 30 seconds but again you can code your own Lua script to handle it just the way you want it.

Do the requests contain say the players user id? Or does it get a list of every banned user id? I would recommend looking into technology such as long polling which would allow live updates to game servers with the new ban right when you click ban in the web portal. You can reach out to me if you want more details on that. :wink:

The server is located in the US, and no its not on Heroku but a Server provider I pay directly every month

I will say it is a bit suspicious you won’t name the provider. I would like to know where the requests are being sent and handled, even if it was say your own server.

~ Robot_Engine

Do the requests contain say the players user id? Or does it get a list of every banned user id? I would recommend looking into technology such as long polling which would allow live updates to game servers with the new ban right when you click ban in the web portal. You can reach out to me if you want more details on that. :wink:

Yea long polling would work but again, it’s down to the end-user on how they want to make the requests and whatnot.

I will say it is a bit suspicious you won’t name the provider. I would like to know where the requests are being sent and handled, even if it was say your own server.

Sorry but you didn’t ask for a name, the provider I am using for this project is Dacentec

I am currently running a custom setup that handles amazing for a project like this.
cost is around ( $220 monthly )

1 Like

Hey again!

Yea long polling would work but again, it’s down to the end-user on how they want to make the requests and whatnot.

Long polling is something you would have to implement/support on your backend. In summary, long polling works by sending a request from the game to your server just like any request. However, the key difference is that instead of returning a response instantaneously, the server keeps it open. Once there is a new update (such as a new ban) the server then responds with that new update. The game proceeds to update the list and send a new long poll request to your server to repeat the process. It’s a complex subject, but many libraries exist to do the server-side long polling for you. You can read more about long polling here.

I am currently running a custom setup that handles amazing for a project like this.
cost is around ( $220 monthly )

Dang I’m impressed you are willing to put this much money in the project (and can see why you want to add pricing xD). Are you sure you couldn’t use a service like Digital Ocean and spin up like a $5 app or droplet. The performance is great (Perfectly handles my website with over 100k requests per day) while being pretty cheap.

Unless you want some help with say implementing long polling or more feedback, I think Ima leave it here. Best of luck! :wink:

2 Likes

This is a pretty awesome product. It makes making moderation for large groups easier.

3 Likes

Thank you, hope you enjoy it. Updates will be coming out soon!

1 Like

We use BloxBan for Trenches ever since BloxBan was in closed beta, never had any problems with it and its really convenient to moderate using the website

1 Like

UPDATE

• Can now upload / update bans
  • New documentation

Documentation URL

As said in the doc things are subject to change and if you find any bugs ( or typos ) please feel free to bully me to fix them :joy:

With that being said I hope you enjoy the new Endpoint

Would love to shine light back onto this post, I have used bloxban since for quite some time now at least 3 - 4 months and It is byfar a great system. Its easy to use as well modify I do admit it does take a bit of time for the owner to release a few of the much needed features although aside from that from when I first found this system it has greatly improved. The billing system it has created has a unique idea behind it as well as the execution. I feel safe using this system as a method of storing bans and having direct access to those bans whether it be through api request in-game It’s great to know I always have a way of directly viewing someones active bans.

1 Like

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo you gave this out for FREE? This cost you like 5K robux? YOU are AWESOME @o0Volvic0o

1 Like

Can you add the ability to kick people aswell?

and re enable panel deletion

1 Like

And a cool feature would be to use the localization service when someone joins to see where their playing from just a little extra data for the admin

1 Like

Are you planning on adding MessagingService integration using OpenCloud for kicking players in game after they are banned using the panel?

1 Like

Hey Davi,

That would be a fantastic feature!
But sadly Roblox’s new MessagingService integration with OpenCloud would require me to share my server’s IP unfortunately I don’t feel comfortable opening that up to the public. :pensive: